VX Freedom vs VX3HD vs VX5HD

I have a vx5 and vx6 scope and a couple of vx2 as well. Mine are the non HD versions and I don't think my eyes would be able to tell a big difference between the HD and non HD, the two non HD ones I have are the best scopes I've ever looked through, incredibly clear and bright. Im not sure about the new "vx3hd" scopes but if it's just glass quality I wouldn't be sold on it. The eye box (field of view) on the vx5/6 designs Is really good.

If I recall the price went up significantly when Leupold took the vx5/6 series from normal to the HD versions. I wish they offered a budget (vx freedom prices?) In a 5 or 6 zoom ratio. It's a huge help here in the va mountains to be able to have a low end of 2 for thick woods and zoom up to 10 or 12 to shoot a long field. It's hard to have one scope/rifle that does everything well around here if its a 3x zoom. To me, 3x (like a typical 3-9) on the low end Is definitely a hindrance when your shots are 10-30 yards, zoomed in too far already. I guess my point is, to me the vx5 or 6 series real value isn't in its HD glass, it's in its usability in such a wide range of circumstances
I like the vx2 2x7 shotgun scopes
Wish they made this in a vx3hd.
I got a vx3 1.75x6 which I like. But the discontinued that too 🤦‍♂️

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back