Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Victor dog food recall!

hank4elk

Just got an e-mail notice from chewy.
Victor dog and cat food, major recall on numerous products. Salmonella.

Damn, this is the second brand of dog food, I was referred to use by dobie rescue folks, that I have been feeding Rio, that was recalled.
The 1st company did not test the brand we were using until it was too late. Rio pukes now after eating any food with white flour.
That company is gone.
Victor was another so called ma and pa company in 2 years with this type of problem.

Just got a bag from Chewy and it was slit down the side and food fell out when I opened the box. WTF?
Too the dump.
No more Victor treats either.

Rio likes the blue treats I got him yesterday. Maybe I'll try that food now.

Just got a bag of Victor. Get a refund from Chewy now. Not sure what to do with the bag?

Thanks for posting. I just bought a bag of Victor dog food from Tractor Supply on Tuesday. It's still unopened. Wonder if they'll refund me if I find the receipt....? Worth asking I guess.

Victor has been making high quality food for a long time. I think about every manufacturer has had a problem at some time. Get this batch replaced and carry on.
All the Costco, BJs type places have a house brand that includes some good stuff and is cheaper than Victor by a lot.

My daughter just tossed 40lbs of it. She has been scrubbing all the containers and bowls this afternoon. It’s the second time this year the dog food she was using has been recalled. That stuff isn’t cheap either.

Thanks for the heads up Hank. I hadn't seen this. Doesn't look like the hi pro plus in 40 lb bags is included thankfully.

I almost grabbed a bag the other day there.

Got a refund notice from chewy yesterday.

After meeting the former president of Victor on a fishing trip, and watching him flat out lie about fish he caught, I vowed they would never get any of my money.

From an animal nutrition perspective, I think Salmonella is more of a human health issue than for the dogs. Reason being, people keep the dog food in the house, and little kids get their hands in it etc...

Of course older animals, animals in poor health, animals with sensitive digestive systems may be more prone to infection by Salmonella. But I doubt that ranch dog that drags home cow placenta and roadkill is gonna get much problem from some kibble that tests "hot".

That said, the Recall procedure means the company has safeguards in place to track the lot #'s. That should be applauded...

After meeting the former president of Victor on a fishing trip, and watching him flat out lie about fish he caught, I vowed they would never get any of my money.

From an animal nutrition perspective, I think Salmonella is more of a human health issue than for the dogs. Reason being, people keep the dog food in the house, and little kids get their hands in it etc...

Of course older animals, animals in poor health, animals with sensitive digestive systems may be more prone to infection by Salmonella. But I doubt that ranch dog that drags home cow placenta and roadkill is gonna get much problem from some kibble that tests "hot".

That said, the Recall procedure means the company has safeguards in place to track the lot #'s. That should be applauded...
I doubt much of anything will hit Rio too bad with what he finds to eat daily here.
He eats half of what my German shepards did. Less than that. They would empty the bowl instantly too.
He always has food in the bowl.

No more Victor treats either.
I have 5 new cookies for him. And a jerky. Joint medicine in them too.

He's spoiled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back