TheDudeAbides

SUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Rifle Bull Elk

Hunt: Book Cliffs, Bitter Creek/South
Weapon: Any Legal Weapon
Your season date(s): Nov 12 - Nov 20, 2016

Can't Wait for November.

Time to do the happy dance.

Thank you guys.

It actually came as a bit of a shock, because I was no where near the max point pool with 7 points.

I put in the vacation this morning and the trip is booked.

With a 5 year waiting period and point creep, I am thinking this might be a once in a lifetime hunt in this unit.

Sounds like things are falling into place. Is it sad that I keep checking my email like there was some mistake and I actually drew?

That is a really fun hunt. Don't get to caught up with the huge groups of cows you'll see (100-200), the better bulls will likely be on their own by then in smaller groups. One nice thing is the bulls seem pretty easy to relocate if you decide that you want to keep looking and come back to them. Not sure what the reason is, but you'll see more busted up bulls on this unit than others.

That is a really fun hunt. Don't get to caught up with the huge groups of cows you'll see (100-200), the better bulls will likely be on their own by then in smaller groups. One nice thing is the bulls seem pretty easy to relocate if you decide that you want to keep looking and come back to them. Not sure what the reason is, but you'll see more busted up bulls on this unit than others.

I plan on going down a time or two during the summer to just locate deep dark canyons away from the many roads in the unit.

I will post a thread after the hunt to which I can show how I hunted and why I hunted, so the person who draws it next year can use it for their bull.

These Utah Tags do not grow on trees, so I would like the next person to be successful even if I do not happen to be successful.

I have two days before the hunt and the whole hunt off, so I will have a little bit of fun.

I plan on going down a time or two during the summer to just locate deep dark canyons away from the many roads in the unit.

I will post a thread after the hunt to which I can show how I hunted and why I hunted, so the person who draws it next year can use it for their bull.

These Utah Tags do not grow on trees, so I would like the next person to be successful even if I do not happen to be successful.

I have two days before the hunt and the whole hunt off, so I will have a little bit of fun.

Good stuff man. Looking forward to reading about your adventure! Congrats and good luck!!

UT can suck it. My party of 2 had 8 pts each. Another friends group had 4 with 3 pts and drew the unit I had as a first choice. I have such terrible luck drawing tags.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back