Caribou Gear

Unexpected Gift....

OH...and we had a sled... it sucked... It was actually easier to drag the quarters without the sled....

For future reference I'm curious why. Was it a crappy sled? I loaded all four bone-in quarters from my bull on a sled at once and dragged it out by myself yesterday. But if there's a better way I'm all for trying it.

I have never used one before. My buddy stopped at ace and bought one of those $45 camo, heavy duty sleds...

He only had 1 rear and 2 fronts on it.. The hill was Steep and there was a fair amount of sage brush and such. There was NO controling it down the steeps and it would lodge against something, then you'd have to wrestle it off there... I did have some GREAT laughs as he tried to ride it a couple times and about crapped himself cause it would go from zero to about 25 in about 4 yards then he'd bail off and get drug by it for a ways before it lodged onto somethign!

The snow was deep and the sled wanted to roll alot...

Once he got to the trail, which unfortunately was only a fraction of the packout... it was a cake walk...

I'm sure they work good in some situations... but not this one.

Way to go. You're one step ahead of me. I've still got both tags in my pocket.

Nah...wasn't cold... it was -1 when I left the truck... heck..I bet by 9am when he was down...it was up to 8 or 9.... :0) I did find out how nice it is to be able to stick my hands into his orofices to get them warm though!

Congrats! Never chased elk that cold or in that much snow. Looks like lots of work, enjoy the eats!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back