Caribou Gear Tarp

UM DOJ and NCAA investigation

Simple Rowdy, he rethought and edited out of good judgement. Read the co mingled posts and Randy's reasons for editing.

2czorxf.jpg

This is so much worse than the PSU scandal becasue it involves much more than just a football team. An entire town knew what was going on and in the end the federal government had to step in to stop it.

Hmm...let's see you back that one up with some facts.

Didn't the recent trial find the football player guilty of only having sex with a girl that was butt hurt that he didn't really like her that much? Hope he learned a lesson.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/16/us-usa-montana-rape-idUSBRE94F04K20130516
Police in Missoula, Montana, agree to change handling of rape cases(Reuters) - Police in Missoula, Montana, have agreed to change the way they investigate sexual assault accusations under an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice that follows a similar move by a

local university, officials said on Wednesday.The deal followed a year-long investigation by Justice Department officials into allegations the University of Montana in Missoula and city police failed to deal properly with sexual assault and harassment reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09/university-of-montana-rape_n_3247466.html
WASHINGTON -- Members of the University of Montana football team were treated as "gods" and were "allowed to get away with anything," including sexual assault, members of the university community told federal officials, according to a report released Thursday.

Is the football team even any good?

The holier- than- thou attitude on here is awesome. . .:D

Gosh ... your own Montana-bashing green thread. 'Sorry you can't afford to live here, but it's probably for the best.

Have no desire to move to montana, I have a daughter and don't want her to be around the kind of people who casued this investigation to take place. High real estate prices and too much California influence. Kinda like Colorado Jr with second rate universities in UM and MSU. 2 of the lowest ranked state flgship institutions in the country who play little league FCS football against commuter schools and community colleges so they can be competetive.

You Montana folks like to bash every other state but when the truth comes out about your state you sure have a interesting way of handling your critics. Much easier to just admit you are wrong and move on but that's not the Montana way. Must be the proud people who call "Americas Rape Capitol" the pride of montana college football who continue to ignore the facts of this investigation. That is also why the Feds had to come in and clean up your town, becasue you couldn't protect your own people or enforce your own laws.

I love these comments. Classic Montana attitude.
-So far all I see a bunch of allegations.
-The fact that this all started last spring and we're closing in on one year of no concrete DOJ or NCAA findings tells me there wasn't much to find. I don't doubt the coaches may be involved, but to say the prosecutors and police are participating in the "cover up" is bullshit.
-Hmm...let's see you back that one up with some facts.
-DOJ decided to stick its nose into Montana's business.

Amazing ignorance. I would not want to be a female in Missoula after reading about what has been going on. It's really sad to think so many people could be so insensitive to a person of the opposite sex. These are your own daughters and sisters who you threw uder the bus, how can you ignore that. Gald to see the US justice department is bringing out the truth and cleaning that dump of a university/town up. Propably the best use of taxpayers dollars I have seen in a while. Having the US justice department investigating your university, police department, and DA's office should be enough to tell you there was a huge probem. Time to quit the act and admit what happened was wrong. There is a reason this doesn't happen in most schools, towns, police departments, etc..

Amazing how everybody on here had an opinion on Penn St and Sandusky. 2 pages worth of opinions on how bad he/they were. Now when a similar disgusting act happens in Montana most just deny it'e even true. Says a lot about the people on this site. More of an opinion on a Pennsylvania school than a school/police department from your own state doing somethign even worse in many ways with many more victims and people involved in the coverup.
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=251089&highlight=sandusky

Carry on with you denial and ignorance. It's entertaining to the non montanans who spend time on this site.

Last edited:
Have no desire to move to montana, I have a daughter and don't want her to be around the kind of people who casued this investigation to take place. High real estate prices and too much California influence. Kinda like Colorado Jr with second rate universities in UM and MSU. 2 of the lowest ranked state flgship institutions in the country who play little league FCS football against commuter schools and community colleges so they can be competetive.

You Montana folks like to bash every other state but when the truth comes out about your state you sure have a interesting way of handling your critics. Much easier to just admit you are wrong and move on but that's not the Montana way. Must be the proud people who call "Americas Rape Capitol" the pride of montana college football who continue to ignore the facts of this investigation. That is also why the Feds had to come in and clean up your town, becasue you couldn't protect your own people or enforce your own laws.

I love these comments. Classic Montana attitude.
-So far all I see a bunch of allegations.
-The fact that this all started last spring and we're closing in on one year of no concrete DOJ or NCAA findings tells me there wasn't much to find. I don't doubt the coaches may be involved, but to say the prosecutors and police are participating in the "cover up" is bullshit.
-Hmm...let's see you back that one up with some facts.
-DOJ decided to stick its nose into Montana's business.

Amazing ignorance. I would not want to be a female in Missoula after reading about what has been going on. It's really sad to think so many people could be so insensitive to a person of the opposite sex. These are your own daughters and sisters who you threw uder the bus, how can you ignore that. Gald to see the US justice department is bringing out the truth and cleaning that dump of a university/town up. Propably the best use of taxpayers dollars I have seen in a while. Having the US justice department investigating your university, police department, and DA's office should be enough to tell you there was a huge probem. Time to quit the act and admit what happened was wrong. There is a reason this doesn't happen in most schools, towns, police departments, etc..

Amazing how everybody on here had an opinion on Penn St and Sandusky. 2 pages worth of opinions on how bad he/they were. Now when a similar disgusting act happens in Montana most just deny it'e even true. Says a lot about the people on this site. More of an opinion on a Pennsylvania school than a school/police department from your own state doing somethign even worse in many ways with many more victims and people involved in the coverup.
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=251089&highlight=sandusky

Carry on with you denial and ignorance. It's entertaining to the non montanans who spend time on this site.

not sure why you are so butthurt over this, but time to get over it. and no, I'm not from montana. are you really serious about the US justice department? you do realize you are talking about the folks who covered up the F & F scandal, right. the same that they are trying to do with benghazi, the AP, and the IRS. do you really want to throw your eggs in that basket?

time to grow up.

not sure why you are so butthurt over this, but time to get over it. and no, I'm not from montana. are you really serious about the US justice department? you do realize you are talking about the folks who covered up the F & F scandal, right. the same that they are trying to do with benghazi, the AP, and the IRS. do you really want to throw your eggs in that basket?

time to grow up.

Are you serious? Are the people who had a strong opinion about Sandusky and Penn St just butthurt over that coverup as well? Jeezus that is one hell of a point of view. This is so similar to Ped St that it's not even funny. You must not care about the sexual abuse of young boys or college girls much.

It's about the victims and people who enabled this to happen, not about the IRS and benghazi for gods sake. Trying to make personal attacks on me and change the subject to something completely unrelated on the other side of the earth is an amazing response to say the least.

Do you really think this investigation is a false accusation by the US government to wrongly accuse innocent people of rape and mishandling of rape investigations? WOW!! That is taking it to another level.

You must know know much about Missoula and UM football. Carry on with your ignorance.

Well somebody's sure fired up about this..

Pretty clear this is a bigger deal to those outside of MT, most of the locals could care less, which is alarming. It's been a pretty big story in the national media from places like ESPN and NY times. Much more important stuff for locals to worry about than the safety of female residents/students like keeping lumeknocks and crossbows banned, buffalo legislation, elk tag #'s, marijuana laws, outfitters, etc. That explains why outside investigations were necessary to bring out the truth and actually do something about the problem. Most residents are more worried about how good UM football will be than how the local law enforcement protects female students. Since it wasn't your kid you could care less. You are another fine example of a typical Montanan, you'd feel different if it was your kid. Keep up the good work.

I like grizzly football.
Jordan Johnson was proven innocent.
Others either plead guilty or were found guilty.
Montana State beat the Colorado Buffalos 10 years ago in boulder.
Not bad for a community college.
Maybe the justice department has helped Missoula improve.
I don't have many answers.
I think coach delaney is the right coach to move a program in a positive direction.
Just a mess of a thread now. Crazy talk

I think somebody was once cornholed by a man in a maroon sweatshirt and is still butthurt there was no second date.

Are you serious? Are the people who had a strong opinion about Sandusky and Penn St just butthurt over that coverup as well? Jeezus that is one hell of a point of view. This is so similar to Ped St that it's not even funny. You must not care about the sexual abuse of young boys or college girls much.

It's about the victims and people who enabled this to happen, not about the IRS and benghazi for gods sake. Trying to make personal attacks on me and change the subject to something completely unrelated on the other side of the earth is an amazing response to say the least.

Do you really think this investigation is a false accusation by the US government to wrongly accuse innocent people of rape and mishandling of rape investigations? WOW!! That is taking it to another level.

You must know know much about Missoula and UM football. Carry on with your ignorance.

if that's the case for you, then where are all your other posts about rape victims at colleges? shoot, there was that girl who accused the lacrosse team of raping her. never heard a word from you. for whatever reason, you have it out for montana. makes you look like a fool with this ongoing vendetta. starting to think GH is right.

and you're right. I do know know much about missoula and um football. but then again, not like you were there is a distinct hatred for a town and it's football team.

"•In a study by the U.S. Centers for Disease control of 5,000 college students at over 100 colleges, 20% of women answered "yes" to the question "In your lifetime have you been forced to submit to sexual intercourse against your will?" Thus, one in five college women has been raped at some point in her lifetime."

Last edited:
Would the panty raids we pulled 50 years ago on girls dorms now be considered sexual assualt????

Oh!!! Wait!!! I know!!!!! They would be Hate Crimes! We hated it cause we were not getting enuff .....errr.....you know....errr.....stuff.....

Last edited:
Not all locals could care less. My daughter is a senior in high school, UM is just down the road. If she chooses to attend, I'll stand by that. Girls aren't being thrown down in the street and raped in Missoula, or on the UM campus. UM is not the only school in the country to face this sort of scandal. Seems a certain member of the forum has some sort of hatred for the school involved, (and the State of Montana in general) and chooses to attempt to paint the state and it's residents in a bad way. I'm damn proud to be a multi-generational native of Montana. It's a great state with a couple good universities. Yep, I'm a Griz fan, and proud of that also. mtmuley And come to think of it, I watch ESPN everyday, and listen to ESPN Radio at work. I've never heard this subject mentioned, not even once. That the ny times is on it isn't a surprise.

Last edited:
this wyoming guy is full of it. it is not national news. have no idea where he comes up with this crap. and like mtmuley, have not seen anything about this on espn.

Let's recap-

You said:

An entire town knew what was going on and in the end the federal government had to step in to stop it.

I said:

And you still haven't shown that "entire town" knew what was going on. The fact of the matter is, the rape rate in Missoula is average for a university town. And if the DOJ looked into just about any police department in the U.S., they would probably find things a little out of order.

The conspiracy you like to portray this as would have resulted in firings. It has not.

Back