PEAX Equipment

UK Fallow buck (sorry no filmed kill shot)

devon deer

The Fallow rut has just about finished where i live, i have been trying to get this buck for a few weeks but he has always eluded me by refusing to come out of the thick overgrown woodland, i got up and nearly went back to bed, thick fog was around but i thought what the hell i won't get one by going back to bed!
After a 30 minute drive i started to very slowly walk into his rutting area, no sound today which i put down to the fog or the rut finishing, then it was a very spooky sight, i just saw the outline in the fog of 2 bucks walking down the track, stopping to eat on the way gave me plenty of time to get my quad pod sticks up and .243 rifle on top, they must have taken a good 15 minutes to travel 75 yards which put them about 60-70 yards away, but the fog was lifting really quickly and they spotted me but i was in full cammo so they couldn't make out what i was, this buck was limping so i took him out, for some reason the Go Pro pics came out grainy but the video was fine.
Click on the photo.

Cheers
Richard

Congrats Devon, I am glad you had a successful hunt on a fine animal. I look forward to your postings from across the pond. I really want to do a fallow and roe deer hunt someday.

Again, nice job!

Thanks chaps.

Congrats Devon, I am glad you had a successful hunt on a fine animal. I look forward to your postings from across the pond. I really want to do a fallow and roe deer hunt someday.

Again, nice job!
You should, Roe deer stalking is very challenging.

Nice job DD, you think you could loan Fin the accent?
Ha, not sure anyone would want me as a voice over!

Going out later to try and get a Red stag, that will be a challenge.

Cheers

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back