Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

UFC Fans?

Didn't look too interesting to me. Looked like a bunch of hugging. I've seen bad ass dudes beat each other. Usually in a gravel parking lot. Maybe it was just that fight I was watching last night that was boring. Hell, they were barely hitting each other. mtmuley
I know what you mean. Some of them are really boring. They just follow each other around the cage the whole time. I don’t like those ones either.

Didn't look too interesting to me. Looked like a bunch of hugging. I've seen bad ass dudes beat each other. Usually in a gravel parking lot. Maybe it was just that fight I was watching last night that was boring. Hell, they were barely hitting each other. mtmuley

If you ever get a chance watch Chuck Liddell fight Wanderlei Silva. It was a long time ago, but still one of the most exciting fights I've ever witnessed.

There's a lot of nuance in it that weeded out the strict brawlers early on. The guys that succeed now are very well rounded, but unfortunately that makes for an occasional boring fight when they don't want to engage in striking.

Sit down and watch a good ground fight with someone that knows a little BJJ. Have them explain to you the positioning and transitions and I bet you’d really appreciate the strategy and technique. Such a cool chess match. A little bit like the best hitter in the game vs. the best pitcher.

There’s a lot of kids in college like Bo nickel I’d love to see in the ufc. Anyone watch Bellator? Aaron Pico? Wrestled with that kid in high school. When he was being interviewed at one of the tournaments he said wrestling was his second best sport. I fully believe that. I’ll be watching him. Another one is Josiah McHale. He isn’t as big but I love seeing dude I grew up with winning fights.

Surprised Conor lost but not disappointed. He’s had his time. Still think he’s a great fighter. Haven’t ever seen him get rocked like that before.

When I was on Facebook I had some mutual friends with Pat Miletich. I tried to understand why some were so aggressive with him (whom I did not recognize). So I looked him up, watched some fights and kinda got interested in the game. Every sport has downsides. Baseball has a 1.3 second pitch followed by 2 minutes of blather. Sometimes the ball gets hit and a play might last almost 10 seconds! Then more blather. Football has 350 lb men hugging and slapping each other on the azz. And the celebrations?!? Hockey and soccer are both continuous but can drag on if no one is aggressive.
Point being, watch what makes you happy.

As much as I enjoy the technical side of fighting. Sometimes I do enjoy watching old school street fighters like Tank Abbott and Kimbo Slice just swing haymakers until one connects.

I have no idea WTF 99% of the names bouncing around on this thread are. However, as a former wrestler, I love the technical and strategic aspect of MMA. A highly defensive match may be boring, but it’s also a fascinating game of car and mouse. One mistake can make or breaks it.

Never understood MMA or whatever it is. I am also suprised they are allowed to continue to do fights like this, especially with how big concussions are in other sports; how do they get away with beating the living hell out of the other and not worried about future damage to their brains?
Some people kill animals and some people can’t understand why.. MMA fighters are some of the best athletes in the world. Real men in the fight game, conditioned to fight and heal.... not like the average couch potato of today.

Some people kill animals and some people can’t understand why.. MMA fighters are some of the best athletes in the world. Real men in the fight game, conditioned to fight and heal.... not like the average couch potato of today.
Yeah, I suppose. Wonder how some of them would do where there aren't any rules? Like I said, might have been a boring fight I watched. mtmuley

Yeah, I suppose. Wonder how some of them would do where there aren't any rules? Like I said, might have been a boring fight I watched. mtmuley
Boring fights definitely do happen but I would still pick one of the ufc 125lbers over any of the gravel warriors any day of the week. You are literally watching the very best all around fighters in the world go at it

The first few UFC events were about as close to no rules as you could get. There were no weight classes I think the only two guidelines were no eye gouging and no hitting each other in the junk.
BJJ and Royce Gracie ruled the day.

. We now know that your kung fu is bullshit.
Agree with your post regarding football. I studied for many years though and kung fu is not BS. It is just not made for MMA. Having gloves is part of it and most kung fu strikes are not allowed in MMA. No eye strikes, no swords or sticks. But it’s not BS.

The first few UFC events were about as close to no rules as you could get. There were no weight classes I think the only two guidelines were no eye gouging and no hitting each other in the junk.
BJJ and Royce Gracie ruled the day.

Biting and eye gouging*

One of those early fights Royce Gracie punched a much larger opponent in the groin repeatedly until he got the submission.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back