Yeti GOBOX Collection

Trophies in the garage

Aceman

Just curious how many of you have to hang your trophies in the garage or the shed because your significant other doesn't want them in the house? Not sure if this question has been asked in the past. I am envious of those of you that have trophy rooms.

I wish I had a trophy room. I have a trophy house, with 10 shoulder mounts, 2 floor pedestals 4 euros and one life-size between three rooms. I do have a few euros in the garage.

I'm one of the lucky ones. My wife even wants me to get a moose so the mount can go in the house.

I must be lucky got 4 shoulders in house with one on the way, my antelope. I have a couple of euros and a bear rug and coyote rug. She don't mind at all kinda likes them. She just doesn't like the sawed off antlers they are in my garage.

No trophy room just means being smooth or getting creative... Doesn't a black bear rug behind the tv improve the theatre feeling? Those moose antlers over the hearth are a prefect spot for Xmas stockings...

We have my shed collection up on top of the kitchen cabinets. A matched set of sheds and a euro mount as the drape holders for the living room curtains. Euros on the fireplace mantle, elk, deer and antelope shoulder mounts in the living room and my elk pedestal in the office upstairs that you can pretty much see from about 1/2 the house.

Full size mountain goat will be going on the dining room wall.

I have 3 elk euros and a couple deer euros in the barn, they aren't big enough to go in the house. ;)

Mrs. Fin, "In your family, that might be art. In my family those are dead animals. Get 'em out of here."

Unless it is something her son shoots. Then, it will hang proudly on the wall. (His two mounted animals.)
20151213_210802.jpg

If I shoot it, it has to be sneaked in the house when she is gone. :eek: The south wall inside my shop; the Boneyard.
20151111_142359.jpg

Well having a small house doesn't allow for a lot of mounts, but we have 2 bull elk shoulder mounts, 8 antelope, 5 mule deer, 3 whitetails, 2 pheasants, 1 goose, a half life bear as well as 1 lifesize bear. We also have 5 bear rugs, and a pretty decent pile of sheds. Also waiting for a lifesize mountain goat. Plus a bunch of euro mounts scattered all over. Needless to say its a little cramped for space in our house. We have taxidermy in every room but the bathrooms. She loves to hunt as much as me so that helps a bit.

I usually seek advice from BigFin on 3 things:
1.Politics relating to Hunting
2. Tax Advice
3. Marital Advice

He's finally made me realize that your bride can be bought :D I'll let him explain the barter he made with his wife but my most recent experience came with some new couches. I'm a bit of a penny pincher but knew the couches were in rough shape. My wife finally out of desperation says If you buy me the couches I want you can hang the heads in the living room. After years of stupid mistakes I jumped on this offer knowing Randy would slap me if I didn't follow previous council. I have a man room but now I have permission to hang things in the big room. Just need to shoot some animals worthy of such a spot.

I've got a few euro mounts in my garage, but that's really my choice. When I get my elk and pronghorn shoulder mounts they will be in the house. Can't wait.

I was given the stairwell in our new house, which is actually more than I was expecting. However, I impressed her so much with the new mantle that I built a few weeks ago, the wall space immediately above it is now reserved for an elk should I ever shoot a worthy bull. With the exception of a few sheds, everything else is in the garage.

I'm pretty fortunate. My wife doesn't mind my mounts in the house. She lets me hang pretty much whatever I want in the man cave living room, and she let me put my mtn. Goat in the main living room. She's putting a big muley she shot in November and a bear rug she arrowed last spring in the house this year, so she'll be caught up to me soon. It helps me that she has some nice mounts too.

My ex didn't like them but since I paid 100% of everything there wasn't much of a battle.None in the bedroom was the only agreement made.My walls are full now

I am lucky,my wife hunts ,so we have a house full of trophys.Mostly whitetails ,but have antelope ,moose,caribou and antelope all thru our house. And it is a small house.

Not really a big house owner here. In the 25 years, I've only put my best on the wall to keep it from becoming too much. The wife put a swan on the wall that she killed, in the living room, so that gave me a little leeway on putting more up...strategically. Nothing has been said until last year when she told me that enough is enough and that I couldn't put a mounted elk on the wall because there was no room left. She went on a few day trip, and when she returned, I had the elk European mount over the fireplace with only one mount removed so it would fit. She didn't say much, and she doesn't want to admit that it does look good!

My basement is where mine reside. The fireplace down there is decorated with turkey fans, coyote skulls, euro deer mounts, and tanned coyote hides. I am hoping to finish my man cave down there in the next couple years. She is extremely tolerate of my escapades here and there in search of game, the spoils though just end up out of sight.

My wife has the upstairs (main floor of the house) to do what she wants with it. I was given the downstairs to decorate however I desire. Its worked out GREAT for both of us.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back