Trophies in the garage

I am very fortunate to have a amazing home to display mounts now (very open log home). Work has me moving so looking for a new play in Wyoming has been a chore. I think Buzz has the right idea with building and 10 ft ceilings in the basement.

I have some mounts in the man cave (basement). The euros's and the antlers are in the garage. I need to put up some plywood on one of the block walls to display them one of theses days.
Buzz has the right idea and if I ever build I will do that exact thing.
Antlerradar I knew you had quite the collection but seeing a picture puts it into perspective!

I am lucky enough that the wife allowed my first deer (antler), the boy's first deer (antler), my first elk (antler) and a 130 WT from TX (euro) in the house. The pronghorn I just got back, a goose and the rest of my horns reside in the garage (my man cave). She has said that a moose could come in though....have to find a place with higher ceilings for that though :)

I just bought a house and there is not much room for anything. Course I only have a duck, full size bobcat and a bobcat shoulder mount. My first buck a little 4 pointer is being euroed mounted.

The soon to be wife doesn't really like them so who knows what I am going to do

This thread is a good reminder on why I'm never getting married... I couldn't fathom being told that I couldn't put a mount up on the wall

I have an antelope in the garage. He has been there since I brought him home 14 years ago. Reason being that he stinks. Also have tons of antlers in the rafters. Only one hair on mule deer and a few euros in the house..

ZIM - That moose in the corner is not like elk on the shelf that for sure. Great trophy!!!!

Last edited:
trophies in the garage

sorry for the crappy cell pic.
some early trophies are able to remain in the man cave, and having a son that loves hunting, well, his room has some 'fat heads' but not the EA sports kind.

Lucky man - happy wife and happy life, happy kids too!

Blessed as well.
Speaking of, spoke to a HT'er this am on the phone, sending some Christmas cards to others, and so blessings and best wishes from Colorado all!

Best wishes for a wonderful 2016.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 603
I call this display- "Guest bedroom in disarray"

2015-12-20%2009.53.54_zpsjxnjoobv.jpg

Did you skullcap a moose!?

Long story- back in the day of late season Big Hole permits. There was a reason they were either sex.

My only special permit of the big three and a bust.

Last edited:
Long story- back in the day of late season Big Hole permits. There was a reason they were either sex.

My only special permit of the big three and a bust.

Looks like that one still had both sides though?

I never put in for those tags, but do remember wondering why the draw odds were so much better than the earlier tags.

Looks like that one still had both sides though?

I never put in for those tags, but do remember wondering why the draw odds were so much better than the earlier tags.

One of the few that did. I was looking at odds and not the reason for the odds. The following 7 years were long.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back