"Tracking gun sales"

Large corporations in cahoots with the government
Sorry, not so sure of that large corporations are a pain in our a** for the most part, or at least on most days in my tiny corner of the world. (As they should be) Now if we are talking about politicians having their hand in corporate pockets oh most definitely some crazy stuff going on there.

Also @BuzzH who wants a pocket full of nickels and pennies... gross

I can't soil the experience of a triple shot, nonfat, extra hot, latte with 2 pumps of vanilla by handling your fetid coinage.
The only benefit of cash is having a change jar, but that’s been replaced with cash back cards and my change jar’s been at the same level for years now.

Also @BuzzH who wants a pocket full of nickels and pennies... gross

I can't soil the experience of a triple shot, nonfat, extra hot, latte with 2 pumps of vanilla by handling your fetid coinage.
Exactly right...then the manly "man" has to dig out his 3rd card from his man purse, or maybe his clutch, to pay for that trash after the first 2 are declined.

Its almost as if they don't have anything better to do, like get to work...oh, wait.

Dude...is that wrong too? Bro? I live and work in the intermountain west, cards are just landing here.
To be fair WY and MT when I was living there for that matter were definitely on a cash/check system. I paid for everything via checks and cash.

Denver and Boston though... pretty much nothing, hell it costs $1.5 to fill up your tires with air at a gas station here and it only takes a credit card. 🤷‍♂️

The only benefit of cash is having a change jar, but that’s been replaced with cash back cards and my change jar’s been at the same level for years now.
Just car wash money around here and heck that even takes plastic now. Visa probably knows I'm a cheap a** and only select the 8$ wash and clean my own tires.

hell it costs $1.5 to fill up your tires with air at a gas station here and it only takes a credit card. 🤷‍♂️

That's the "beauty" of micropayments -- Some guy says, "our accountants tell us we can't run air pump for free any more, but if we charge a quarter it would cover the costs/hassle", then some guy says, "messing with quarters is a hassle we don't need, let's tie it to credit cards", the first guy says, "fine, but with the now expensive cc handling air pump and visa transactions fees we need $1.50 to cover it". And that is how "free air" turns into a $1.50 item. Gotta love the "efficiency" of the modern economy.

Big Picture. If you trust your local, state and federal government on the issue of guns (not just today, but 10-15 years from now), and you trust plaintiff's lawyers and gun "safety" NGOs to not overreach, and you trust large corporations to not allow internal progressive pressure to effect their business decisions regarding firearms, then this is much ado about nothing. If you do not feel fully comfortable with all of the preceding, then this is a BIG deal - much bigger than bump stocks, "solvent traps", and forearm stabilizers.

Trust Tree GIF - Trust Tree GIFs

That's the "beauty" of micropayments -- Some guy says, "our accountants tell us we can't run air pump for free any more, but if we charge a quarter it would cover the costs/hassle", then some guy says, "messing with quarters is a hassle we don't need, let's tie it to credit cards", the first guy says, "fine, but with the now expensive cc handling air pump and visa transactions fees we need $1.50 to cover it". And that is how "free air" turns into a $1.50 item. Gotta love the "efficiency" of the modern economy.
Man I felt this statement to the core a few weeks ago. Paid for my Chinese food with my card then thought dang I need a drink. Grabbed a drink outta the cooler next to the register and threw it on the counter. Lady rings me up, go to pay with card and she shakes her head and said "no,no,no you have cash must pay". She was super lucky I had a 20 I'd been carrying from a couple hundred bucks I took out of the ATM back in October before heading to WY. 😂 Knowing sometimes it's a cash/barter system out there.
Just wait until we can only use crypto currency for transactions.

Yes.

F-cash, I've probably made $200 in cash transactions in the last 5 years.
Had a dad and couple young girls stop by my house last night trying to raise money (don't go there).

I ordered a couple boxes of chocolates. They said they could take my money.

Even at my house I couldn't find a check book and didn't have any cash.

Now I need to hit a cash machine in the next couple weeks so I can help support their school supplies. Thought I was already doing this and it wasn't as much work.

The question is why does Visa care? What are going to do with the information? Who will they share it with.
It is not visa that cares. It is politicians, NGOs, progressive employees, etc that care a lot and they are becoming very effective at making social policy through pressure on corporations when they fail in congress or the courts.

Had a dad and couple young girls stop by my house last night trying to raise money (don't go there).

I ordered a couple boxes of chocolates. They said they could take my money.

Even at my house I couldn't find a check book and didn't have any cash.

Now I need to hit a cash machine in the next couple weeks so I can help support their school supplies. Thought I was already doing this and it wasn't as much work.
I always have a couple hundred in cash at the house just for that reason...thin mints, popcorn, etc. whatever the kids are selling.

How about not being able to get a vasectomy? The framers would be outraged!
better yet, just make the gun free with a paid vasectomy. That would hide the purchase under “health data” and solve a shit ton of America’s problems.

It is not visa that cares. It is politicians, NGOs, progressive employees, etc that care a lot and they are becoming very effective at making social policy through pressure on corporations when they fail in congress or the courts.
How dare corporations try to positively contribute to helping solve gun violence because politicians won’t.

I always have a couple hundred in cash at the house just for that reason...thin mints, popcorn, etc. whatever the kids are selling.
I want to maintain my old, grouchy bastard persona and bitch about everything.....except conspiracy theories and junk science. :p

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back