"Tracking gun sales"

But who cares? Why does it matter if visa knows I bought a tikka?
Given the connection between gov't and tech in order to suppress speech that it did not like, is it really unfathomable to suggest that gov't pressures big finance to create a back door registry? I know I am probably being paranoid but the last couple of years have not been very reassuring.

Is cash really that inconvenient? Every bank, store and gas station has an ATM.

I couldn't give a chit less if my purchases are tracked.

Faux outrage.
Funny - I know a lawyer at a big bank and there is real pressure to cut guns and ammo out of the modern banking system and leave it to cash only. How about mail order "morning after pills"? No problem, just use cash. Do you honestly think a category of "female reproductive medications" tracked by VISA and not honored by some banks would be met with only faux outrage?

I do support a range of Heller consistent gun regulations. I do not support major corporations effecting pseudo regulations where the courts and congresses fail.

Funny - I know a lawyer at a big bank and there is real pressure to cut guns and ammo out of the modern banking system and leave it to cash only. How about mail order "morning after pills"? No problem, just use cash. Do you honestly think a category of "female reproductive medications" tracked by VISA and not honored by some banks would be met with only faux outrage?

I do support a range of Heller consistent gun regulations. I do not support major corporations effecting pseudo regulations where the courts and congresses fail.
Meh...takes less than a minute to get all the cash I need for whatever I want to buy.

Yes.

F-cash, I've probably made $200 in cash transactions in the last 5 years.
How about checks? Excluding vehicles and powersports toys (too much for pocket cash but enough that the seller doesn't want to pay visa fees) I have not written a single check in 10 years. We still are working on the same box of checks we go when we moved to this address 17 years ago.

But let's be honest here and let it be known, I'm definitely not in favor or a fan of what these private companies have been collecting on us the last decade. It's gotten out of hand no doubt with technology. I've always said and will stand by the fact that it's not the gov't we should be worried about, it's private companies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back