PEAX Equipment

Tough weekend for me

I’m sorry to see that. I hate fire. 24 years ago my Mom died in a house fire. 2 years ago we narrowly missed losing our house in the Thomas fire. Here’s a pic showing you how close the fire got to my garage 204B2C6C-6D02-4A58-9D00-B1E48685DB57.jpeghang in there. Get away, go hunting if you can. It will all get taken care of.

Talked with the adjuster today, my bow was in the garage. So I need to go get a new bow to get back in the woods.

Also camper coming tomorrow to get a better more permi spot to live.

All state has been treating me good so far, basically go buy a similar bow and submit the receipt for us to pay you back.

Clean up starts later this week. Formal cause of fire was an ember from the electric smoker blew onto the garbage that was all cardboard.

Wow! I missed this thread. Glad you and yours are all doing well!

Oh... side note: and archery season is still a go. :)

What's your draw length? If you pay shipping I can lend you my old Mission Eliminator to get through the season, I think it's at 57lbs, 29" but I have a 27" cam for it too...shoot me a PM if you want to discuss

What's your draw length? If you pay shipping I can lend you my old Mission Eliminator to get through the season, I think it's at 57lbs, 29" but I have a 27" cam for it too...shoot me a PM if you want to discuss
I started another tread about the bow: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/replacement-for-fire-loss.301952/#post-3077196

Probably going to give that diamond sb-1 a go. I do appreciate the offer tho. When insurance says just go buy one, I like to take them up on the offer 😄.

I would have liked to help the small business owner, but if nothing is in stock gotta shop around. I'll still use him for tuning and the other misc items though

I am glad you and the family are safe! Sucks to have this kind of loss. Am I the only one that thinks of the joy of the new hunting stuff you get to buy as a result???

I am glad you and the family are safe! Sucks to have this kind of loss. Am I the only one that thinks of the joy of the new hunting stuff you get to buy as a result???

From the outside looking in, I can see the appeal. But now speaking from experience it's not as fun as it seems. For me personally it's stressful as I try to figure out a comparable item that insurance won't complain about. Also, with a lot of the gear getting smoke damage, I've received little guidance on what to save and what to replace and honestly that causes stress too

From the outside looking in, I can see the appeal. But now speaking from experience it's not as fun as it seems. For me personally it's stressful as I try to figure out a comparable item that insurance won't complain about. Also, with a lot of the gear getting smoke damage, I've received little guidance on what to save and what to replace and honestly that causes stress too
I hear you! My coping mechanism is to try to see a positive. Doesn't work always and is definitely not as easy when I am the one affected.

Glad you and the family are physically safe. It's okay to feel sad, mad, frustrated, disappointed, etc. It's a crappy thing to happen. Feel the feels, and eventually things will get better. I've learned to just own it when I feel crappy and not supress it. Helps me process it and get through it quicker and cleaner in the end.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Sorry to hear about your losses man. I've read on another forum about companies that will guide you through this process dealing with insurance. If i remember correctly, they may charge a few thousand but in the long run they'll get you back a lot more from insurance so they pay for themselves. Guys that had also gone through house fires also recommended that people document all their possessions at least yearly (usually with a walk through video saved to a cloud service). Since it sounds like a lot of your stuff wasn't completely destroyed a video might be helpful if the stuff is ruined from water/smoke damage. Good luck.

Good day today. Got out hunting for the first time since the fire. Shot like shit, but we still bagged three canada's. Should have had double that, but I wasn't a crack shot (I rarely am any way...)IMG_1356.JPG

Also, taking a selfie with three geese isn't the easiest thing in the world ha!

Just when it seems like things can't get any tougher you get hit again...

My girlfriend was in a bad accident. T boned a car that pulled out across the highway without looking and rolled her car. Spent the night in the hospital to monitor her.

Luckily she was released and is doing alright. Follow up Xray shows she broke her ankle in two spots and is pretty beat up everywhere else.

Sounds like the driver of the other car is in a medical coma right now. Hope he pulls through.

Trying to get out to hunt to take my mind off things. Made it a couple times chasing roosters, even bagged another Canada while pheasant hunting (LOL)(and yes I swapped over to steel shot, don't think I woulda pass shot this goose with #6 lead haha).

Had a customer appreciation event that we went sport clay shooting. That was a heck of a time, my first time ever doing sporting clays and I can say I'll be back for sure. Shot a 50, best customer shot a 78. A couple of stations I had doughnuts. Mainly the high coming over your head shots. Couldn't get those down.

Haven't made it back bow hunting deer though. No hunting clothes that are warm enough for the current cold snap. Hoping for a clothes delivery from the textile cleaning folks this week.

IMG_0018.JPG

Made a lot of progress since the fire. Totally redid most the house:
  • New roof
  • New ceiling
  • New garage walls
  • New flooring throughout the whole house
  • New Paint throughout the whole house
At the same time I built an addition and converted the burnt garage into a master bedroom with walk in closet and new bathroom. Also added a mudroom/entryway to the back of the house.

I'm not all the way done but getting dang close, closer than my Contractor is of getting done.

All said and done we were living in the camper for just over 4 months and our claim is getting close, if it hasn't already, to passing $200k paid out by insurance. Crazy how fast the money goes down the drain....

House is a mess as we are still moving in and unpacking, plus having to work around the stuff I'm doing and the Contractor is doing...
IMG_2357.JPG
New siding, roof, gutters all around
IMG_2358.JPG
New master shower
IMG_2353.JPG
New bathroom looking to the master walk in closet and bedroom
IMG_2354.JPG
New LVP flooring upstairs and carpet down
IMG_2356.JPG

Almost back to normal, almost

Attachments

• IMG_2352.JPG