Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Replacement for fire loss

SD_Prairie_Goat

So bow was flooded and smoke damaged in the fire. Adjuster says I can replace it with a similar bow.

My local bow shop has no bows on the shelf due to covid and hunting season.

So I've basically got $200 ish for a bare bones bow, or like $450 with accessories.

Any one have recommendations? I could go with the same cheap bow off Amazon, or maybe upgrade with some added cost to me.

Thinking maybe bear cruzer G2, any one have thoughts on it?

I'm open to suggestions

Thanks!

In that price range, I would grab an old Diamond SB1 off of Amazon for $378. Super adjustable. Slaved cams. Discontinued it for the 320, but most prefer the old SB1. Rth. Upgrade the sight and release later.

In that price range, I would grab an old Diamond SB1 off of Amazon for $378. Super adjustable. Slaved cams. Discontinued it for the 320, but most prefer the old SB1. Rth. Upgrade the sight and release later.
that seems like a pretty decent bow. I don't know anything about diamond bows, are they pretty decent quality? Any negatives to be mindful of?

“Diamond by Bowtech.” Made and assembled in same facility with same designers.

Sean McVeigh did several videos (google) on the best bow under $500, as well as comparing the SB1, Infinite Edge, 320, and Bear Cruzer G2, and the SB1 came out on top for him. Ymmv.

I hunt with the Bowtech Fuel, which is almost identical, and really like it.

Last edited:
You could definitely pickup a great used bow from AT classifieds. I’d put up a post with your DL and see what comes up.

I second the Diamond! I got one for my wife actually but is super user friendly and has been great quality. Had I not won a Matthews at a the RMEF dinner, I would have upgraded my to it as well.

I ordered the diamond, should be here next week, then up to the bow shop for tuning and misc items. If I'm lucky might get into the woods next week. Probably use the ground blind until I replace the tree stand that was in the garage

Follow up, got the diamond and got it set up at the bow shop.

Loving it at my first trip to the range. I'm not a great shot, but my grouping is much better than before and I like the feel of the bow.

Great recommendation folks, now to see how big of a cow insurance has about it :/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back