Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Tough weekend for me

Thanks everyone, obviously happy to be unharmed. Right now the not knowing how to move forward is frustrating and draining. Hopefully the adjuster reaches out tomorrow with how to proceed And we start the process back to normalcy

Wow! Sorry to see that happened to you. If I lived closer, you could stay at my house. I'd even let you use my stuff and I'd take you out hunting. The best and hardest thing is to keep going. Thank God everyone is safe.

Sorry for your misfortune how did the fire start? Glad you all are safe.
Unsure, I have my guesses but I'm waiting for the fire dept to make the call. They have much more experience with it than I do.

Wow! Sorry to see that happened to you. If I lived closer, you could stay at my house. I'd even let you use my stuff and I'd take you out hunting. The best and hardest thing is to keep going. Thank God everyone is safe.
I appreciate it, everyone's been great honestly. I'm stubborn when it comes to reaching out, but the town's been great.

Unsure, I have my guesses but I'm waiting for the fire dept to make the call. They have much more experience with it than I do.

I appreciate it, everyone's been great honestly. I'm stubborn when it comes to reaching out, but the town's been great.
Your in Beresford, correct?

Sorry man, believe me I know what your going through. One thing I've noticed is that the insurance companies won't be in anywhere near the hurry to get stuff done as you will be. patience seems to be the word of the day.

That's what in afraid of, any advise on how to motivate them? Haha

Ya
Ya, bug them with a lot of phone calls and e-mails. Last Saturday I caught my adjuster in a chatty mood and got more info in one call than I had gotten in the last two weeks. Still waiting for someone to come out and actually look at the damage. Can't do anything until that happens.

Ya, bug them with a lot of phone calls and e-mails. Last Saturday I caught my adjuster in a chatty mood and got more info in one call than I had gotten in the last two weeks. Still waiting for someone to come out and actually look at the damage. Can't do anything until that happens.
Called the adjuster, they got stuff moving, happy to have progress.

Cleaning folks are coming tomorrow for anything that took smoke to be cleaned.

Sounds like they are trying to get me a fifth wheel to stay at next to the house. I sure hope insurance will approve that. That will be huge for us. Then we have our yard and can watch the house, have a kitchen. Fingers crossed

That's what in afraid of, any advise on how to motivate them? Haha

Ya

First glad your safe, and this sucks.

I had the same issue with slow insurance companies + getting work done. We had a hose burst on our hot water heater while we weren't home and the fire department had to break down the door to get in and shut it off (they could have broken a small window on the door and turned the knob but kicking in the door and blowing out the whole frame and molding was more fun) anyway took 6 months to get people in and it fixed.

If it's enough damage the insurance company will deal with everything if it's a small amount they will cut you a check and you have to hireout (our case).

Patience and persistence, hopefully you don't have the same experience and they getting things buttoned up quick. 🤞

Ps. If you have fun stuff planned go do it, don't put it off thinking you need to be around to get the mess dealt with, that's just going to lead you to missing the season and it happening no quicker.

Back