MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Total Shock!

DRAFTSTUD

Total Shock is about the only way I can word what happened to me New Years Eve. A very close friend was coming home from his office and called to check on my recovery from Sinus Surgery. Of course I told him it was real tender still as new tissue grew back and this is where the total shock happened. Here is what he said.
Back in August his son who is one year older than my son was out getting a Duck Blind ready for the early September teal season in Texas. As they were brushing and cleaning the blind he was swarmed by Wasps, to escape he dove in the lake. Not too much later the boy was at work and passed out. Come to find out when he jumped in the water a Brain Eating Amoeba got in. His Father is telling me this and my ears just heard "My son is dying". I had to call back to get the details as it just stunned me to the core.
We are going to do a Duck and a Goose hunt while we can and go from there. Most of these cases from what I have read go pretty fast, but him with the treatment they have him own might get him a few months or it could be weeks. John

Naegleria fowleri is one bad dude. Thankfully quite rare in causing an infection, when one gets water inhaled up the nose with the amoeba setting up shop in the top of the nasal cavity, it is just a quick jump to the brain. Mouth/stomach ingestion do not cause the same sort of "brain eating infection". Recent experimental treatments have given glimmers of hope. Early interventions with anti-amoebic meds and even body temperature lowering (this bug loves warmth) have saved a few recent reported infections.

Hoping that your friend's son has a miracle comeback.

We (My Travo & I) have been getting dates on the Duck hunt as the young man's father is setting it up. We were setting up the Goose hunt and we gave the boy some dates. He has his Baby Boy being born on the 7th of Feb and he said his wife would kill him if he missed their final Valentine Day! This just keeps breaking my heart, but his attitude is great. I was a Pall Bearer yesterday for my favorite aunt. 2016 is not kicking off too good for the Ol Draftstud! Ken, This is Carroll's Boy. John

Wow, that is heartbreaking. Can't imagine what that must be like for all involved. Very sorry!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back