Top Gun 2

You're such a Costanza
For those afflicted with "Google word(s)" syndrome, as I:

'George Louis Costanza is a fictional character in the American television sitcom Seinfeld, played by Jason Alexander. He is a short, stocky, bald man who struggles with numerous insecurities, often dooming his romantic relationships through his own fear of being dumped"

@noharleyyet is enough for me. 😂

That's darn cool! Hah!

Watched your shared Lego clip and said to my wife, "Hun, Maverick, Tog Gun was bad ass!". She replied, "It was". And, it was...

Original Top Gun I had seen enough I likely wore my vhs (or beta, don't recall) tape out! I knew every line in the movie.

#2... Seguels typically drop a peg. This nutted the hole! Haha! IMAX all the way. Hope to see it again before it leaves the IMAX. Epic.

Last edited:
Saw It today with the wife , enjoyed the way the used some of the original music, and I liked how the story was a connected to the first and at times had a nostalgic 80’s feel , and did very similar things that made the original great , was every bit enjoyable as the 1st , the Way the story played out there had to be that much time between the sequels for the storyline to unfold the way it did , I’ll definitely watch it again and will have it in the old DVD collection later this year, definitely deserving of a high 5
F310B951-815A-449C-A6C3-DBD834BC678E.gif

Big thumbs up for the show.

Huge thumbs down for Regal Cinemas selling us tickets for an “IMAX” showing and then not having the show in the IMAX theatre

Went and saw it the other night, mentally prepared for massive "sequel disappointment" to what is one of my all-time favorite movies, I was entertained.

My wife's car has a push-button start, I must've have a stupid grin on my face when I hit it after the movie, she gave me a massive eye-roll. :ROFLMAO:

thumbs-up.gif

Last edited:
I guess I'm in the minority who thought it was truly awful. Too much just trying to recreate scenes and relive memories from the first one. The Goose, Jr. storyline just made it predictable and corny. Also, WTF is the Penny storyline? I was literally googling to see if there was another Top Gun movie between the original and Maverick that I somehow missed my entire life, because they kept referencing old events that never happened. Putting Val Kilmer in there just to have Val Kilmer in there? Dumb. The premise of the whole mission was dumb. The whole thing was just dumb dumb dumb. They could have done way better. 2 stars.

But at least the flying scenes were cool.
88B96B32-86C4-4328-BF54-F9524F33C39F.gif

Back