Caribou Gear Tarp

This

I like chainsaws just fine, but let's get back to shotguns and a very important point that all of you missed entirely.

Will's wife, a saint she must be, encouraged him, begged, and implored him to upgrade his shotgun. There is a lesson to be learned here. How did he do that? Would we all not be better off if our spouses encouraged upgrading like this?

So, this is what we need to know - how did he finesse this?

I think one important factor is that he wanted to upgrade to a double gun. Perhaps we need all of our spouses to realize that we (and thus, they) look much better holding a svelte double gun than some crusty ol' Mossberg 500 or Rem 870. This transference property of good looks - a spouse looks good when her man looks good, when his shotgun looks good - this is what we need to capitalize upon. This may work for other tools of manhood, such as chainsaws and pickup trucks (Will, you need to go there), but for now, let's stick with those shotguns.

I like chainsaws just fine, but let's get back to shotguns and a very important point that all of you missed entirely.

Will's wife, a saint she must be, encouraged him, begged, and implored him to upgrade his shotgun. There is a lesson to be learned here. How did he do that? Would we all not be better off if our spouses encouraged upgrading like this?

I think one important factor is that he wanted to upgrade to a double gun. Perhaps we need all of our spouses to realize that we (and thus, they) look much better holding a svelte double gun than some crusty ol' Mossberg 500 or Rem 870. This transference property of good looks - a spouse looks good when her man looks good, when his shotgun looks good - this is what we need to capitalize upon. This may work for other tools of manhood, such as chainsaws and pickup trucks (Will, you need to go there), but for now, let's stick with those shotguns.
It all starts with convincing said woman that she is better off with you by her side.

Its all you need to do...

S

Last edited:
It's the least she could do...the guy coated their entire sub grade cementitious structure with white WaterPlug while scheduling & supplying pablum and diaper changes, also while tracking fossil fuel energy for the free world. This gentleman wears a cape with his Tecovas.

See @Ben Lamb now this is how you set up a good tale of a tenderfoots foray into the world of fine doubles.

So @longbow51 I think we need to start at the beginning, that being my previous/current setup. I have a mossberg 835 rattletrap that's living back west, and a 870 pictured below. (Thank you @Brauee20 for taking me out and getting me a buck on my one and only full day of deer hunting for the year)

View attachment 304803

Now as much as @Ben Lamb gets a stirring in his nethers for this beautiful piece of truckstop esk. craftmanship as @BrentD alluded to it's just not the firearm for a future well heeled man.

Therefore a purchase was in order.

For a year and some change I had been swapping gunbroker listings back and forth with Brent and Ben about various options, as one might expected Ben took my um... Scottish, nature to heart and recommended several good entry options while Brent looking out for my reputation as a refined young man pushed me towards a slightly different class of field piece.

So I found myself in Traverse city with Ben and my wife at a fine gun emporium, thinking I was either going to end up with a used Parker or a new CZ.
View attachment 304810
One of the perks of going in person to a shop like Fieldsport is they have great professionals who can help you find a gun that's the right fit. I'm crosseye dominate, and kinda lanky so I needed a gun with at least 14.5 LOP and 0 or even negative cast off.

Most of the parkers they had didn't fit this bill + they were pretty heavy. I went into the process looking for a 16 and they were all 7lbs.

I looked at the CZs and they seemed to be a decent option.

Then, it was either the owner or Ben who handed me the Dickenson, it fit great, I believe was 5.1lbs as a 20gauage with 3in chambers. Very much ideal, as I was informed, for carrying all day in the field. It is a beautiful gun, turkish made, but nice and tight and it comes will all the refinements like ejectors.

Obviously I loved it, but I was going to go with the CZ because well it was cheaper. But then my wife said "Oh I like this one, I would go with that."

I'm not sure if Ben had had doubts that I was going to even buy something that day or if hey just thought it was going to be the cheapest gun on the rack, but no sooner had those woods left my wife's lips was Ben ushering me towards the counter.

Overall I'm quite please with it after a few days of grouse hunting, carries great and I've (mostly) figure out how to shoot it without letting loose both barrels. (mostly)

By Jove I think he's got it!

1701789132979.png

It's the least she could do...the guy coated their entire sub grade cementitious structure with white WaterPlug while scheduling & supplying pablum and diaper changes, also while tracking fossil fuel energy for the free world. This gentleman wears a cape with his Tecovas.

Will's next gig is going to be the Anthony Bourdain of DTI. He'll travel across the world, inspecting dads & husbands as they go about their daily life, trying to appease their spouses, and maybe, just maybe, you'll learn a thing or two about yourself along the way.

Thursdays at 9, on the Discovery Channel!

Last edited:

You know, for a zoologist, you shor n'ough got a purty mouth.

Edit: this is spot on for vehicles though. 2 out of 5 running, so I actually only have 2...
we can tell by the number of chainsaw that you haven't moved houses in a while and by the number of inoperable vehicles, which I like to refer to as Montana lawn ornaments, that you won't selling the place anytime soon.

we can tell by the number of chainsaw that you haven't moved houses in a while and by the number of inoperable vehicles, which I like to refer to as Montana lawn ornaments, that you won't selling the place anytime soon.
But where would I put all of my stuff if I moved?

I'm in. I'll bring saws and maybe a mini-ex if I can sneak it off site for the week.
No need for the excavator. We'll have @MtnElk bring that new Tundra and @neffa3 will rig it up with some Harbor Freight chains. Pull those bastage junipers right over. I hope...

But where would I put all of my stuff if I moved?

No need for the excavator. We'll have @MtnElk bring that new Tundra and @neffa3 will rig it up with some Harbor Freight chains. Pull those bastage junipers right over. I hope...
Done and done. Central Oregon for Spring Break tree removal should be easy to sell to the wife

I'm in. I'll bring saws and maybe a mini-ex if I can sneak it off site for the week.
We'll have @MtnElk bring that new Tundra and @neffa3 will rig it up with some Harbor Freight chains. Pull those bastage junipers right over. I hope...
Done and done. Central Oregon for Spring Break tree removal should be easy to sell to the wife
Salami sammiches and Hi-C will be provided. I'll be the guy with the open Hawaiian shirt, startling carpet of chest hair, zinc oxide nipples, and a drink with an umbrella and a coconut, screeching orders from his lounge chair.

This is going to be a great spring break afterall!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back