Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

This is why we can't have nice things

I've been gone a lot lately and when I'm in town it is the normal crazy schedule to get done all that I fell behind on. Hunt Talk moderation takes the back seat at times, thinking folks can interact as adults.

I haven't been able to moderate all the reported threads here on HT. Got too much on my plate. This afternoon I plowed through almost 100 moderation requests I had set aside over the last week. Almost all were about F-bombs, gifs, or memes.

I sent a PM to a guy who was the subject of a few comments and asked him if he would stop using the F-bomb. Rather than move along and agree, like 99.9% of other members do, he spent most of his evening researching the threads from the forum and reported 18 threads with in the course of a few minutes, complaining about everyone of them and asking the threads be deleted because he had found some F-bombs on the forum.

It is responses like this that will be the end of this forum. If I ask to follow the rules, don't fill my inbox with a pile of moderation requests. That's all I'm asking.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 9.49.27 PM.png

More, if you have a problem with a member, take it up with them somewhere else, not here. The amount of moderation requests I get that are people in little spats is worse than 4th grade.

So I ask, lay off the F-bombs whether in your posts, your gifs, or your memes. Those were the rules you agreed to when you signed up. And you will save me a lot of time and headache.

Hunt Talk can have a lot of value when important topics come up. I continue to fund it for that purpose. The more weeks like this week, or days like today, the less inclined I am to put up with the BS and invest the time and money it requires.

I've been gone a lot lately and when I'm in town it is the normal crazy schedule to get done all that I fell behind on. Hunt Talk moderation takes the back seat at times, thinking folks can interact as adults.

I haven't been able to moderate all the reported threads here on HT. Got too much on my plate. This afternoon I plowed through almost 100 moderation requests I had set aside over the last week. Almost all were about F-bombs, gifs, or memes.

I sent a PM to a guy who was the subject of a few comments and asked him if he would stop using the F-bomb. Rather than move along and agree, like 99.9% of other members do, he spent most of his evening researching the threads from the forum and reported 18 threads with in the course of a few minutes, complaining about everyone of them and asking the threads be deleted because he had found some F-bombs on the forum.

It is responses like this that will be the end of this forum. If I ask to follow the rules, don't fill my inbox with a pile of moderation requests. That's all I'm asking.

View attachment 219166

More, if you have a problem with a member, take it up with them somewhere else, not here. The amount of moderation requests I get that are people in little spats is worse than 4th grade.

So I ask, lay off the F-bombs whether in your posts, your gifs, or your memes. Those were the rules you agreed to when you signed up. And you will save me a lot of time and headache.

Hunt Talk can have a lot of value when important topics come up. I continue to fund it for that purpose. The more weeks like this week, or days like today, the less inclined I am to put up with the BS and invest the time and money it requires.
Should we gather a posse, dress the scofflaw in bacon pants and turn him loose in the Taylor’s Fork? 😏😄

I think I used it once, and I apologize...too much gin or I would have never told that story. ;)

Big Fin, very sorry but from viewing the immediate responses it doesn't seem you made a deep impression. But thanks for trying.

Re the f-bomb BS, I have been known to gently call out some individuals (usually new ones) via PM, and the response has always been immediate and childish. Well, I tried. Since those posts and posters promptly disappeared, presumably someone else reported them. I think I have used the report button a total of three times. Maybe once for the f-bomb but as I recall it was over the top plural usage and not even directed at me. Two other reports were to warn of abusive lurkers following from another forum. It took a while but their plug was eventually pulled due to their actions on here.

I really don't get grown men reporting typed words. SMH

I'm sure Fin has better things to do then sort through tattling.
I don't really get grown men typing childish Facebook abusive language. This is Big Fin's forum and he has drawn a line of respectability. Those that can't stay behind it should move out and join the kids on Facebook or Twitter. I may have been on "thin ice" a time or two but nothing like that. Not that I can recall anyway.

I really don't get grown men reporting typed words. SMH

I'm sure Fin has better things to do then sort through tattling.
There are some real panzy report thumpers! Amazing to think the best response yet - is from my fishing buddy. :)

I never understood why people would use the f-bomb on a forum even if it's not directed toward a person/persons, just uncalled for and deserves a report to the admin IMO...even it it's not really in the written rules.

I never understood why people would use the f-bomb on a forum even if it's not directed toward a person/persons, just uncalled for and deserves a report to the admin IMO...even it it's not really in the written rules.
It seems to be much too common, even in "normal" conversation. 'Recently had a blowout mutually angry incident with daughter-in-law, when I harshly asked her why most of her adverbs and adjectives had to start with 'F'.

No joke I had to break up a verbal altercation at the top of the lumberjack this winter between 2 dads because one of them was apparently dropping really loud f bombs on the chair in front this other dad and his son and the dad with the kid got mad about it and confronted the other guy.
I was sitting in the top shack trying to put guests safely on hill and all of a sudden this dude yells
“Hey lift operator! Tell eff word a hole to get out of my face!”
I had to call it into ski patrol and be like
“Yeah I’ve got 2 dads squared up over here.
One of them’s wearing navy blue over black, one of them’s wearing...
He’s wearing...
I’m gonna describe it as a safari coat over black.
It’s very vibrantly colored, I think I’m seeing a rhino and a cheetah, maybe a macaw.”

I’ve never used the report function, because I always imagine Mrs. Fin reading through those with a giant pair of scissors, poised to cut the cord on the whole thing.

But I have noticed recently a big uptick in the f-bombs, name calling, trolling. Seems like there’s been an influx of new members lately with no discernible agenda other than to be jerks. And I know some of us regulars get sucked in too. I appreciate the efforts to keep this corner of the Internet a little more civilized and welcoming to the more moderate type of forum user.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back