Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

They just don't build beautiful hunting guns like they used to.

a frown from Brent and a love from me------so far you have a split decision on your comment :ROFLMAO:

It's hard to love a bolt rifle of any kind. They wear their guts on the outside like a fashion model with in intestines slung over her shoulder, mexican bandito bandolier style. Or maybe Lady Gaga in her "meat dress".

But if you do have to go there, then make it a Krag - .30-40 of course.

$500. Even Terrible Tom, The Boomer can afford that.
4FGz5Ut.jpg

z0ELY9k.jpg

It's hard to love a bolt rifle of any kind. They wear their guts on the outside like a fashion model with in intestines slung over her shoulder, mexican bandito bandolier style. Or maybe Lady Gaga in her "meat dress".

4FGz5Ut.jpg

z0ELY9k.jpg
Nice job on that one! And the bolt appears palmable 👍

Nice job on that one! And the bolt appears palmable 👍
That one I did not do. Don't know who did. Just bought it because they are cool, if handsomely ugly, machines. For $500, hard to go wrong. Gotta figure out how to get a scope on it someday.

As for palmability, I don't know, nor care. But there is this Norwegian guy that knows how to work a bolt without it ever touching his palm.

Go to the 13:30 mark, or just watch the whole damn thing. It's pretty cool, even if you don't speak Norsk.

And here is another. These guys know how to put on matches.

Last edited:
My grandfather owned two of those three and I fell in love with the Superposed when I read a long feature about it in Guns Digest 1993.
View attachment 207364
So we finally get to the truth. It isn’t beauty you miss. You have a nostalgic feeling toward those because your grandfather owned them(which is a very valid reason for YOU to want them).There are much more beautiful rifles of all kinds than a Savage 99, and there are more beautiful versions of a Mauser than a Husqvarna.

I mentioned it before. The reason many of the older rifles are no longer made is because no one was willing to pay what it costs to machine them. Once a design that required fewer man hours to machine came about, people YOUR AGE AND OLDER bought those cheaper rifles instead of the ones you love. Millennials did not kill the Mauser or the pre-64 Model 70. Those were driven to obscurity(in terms of new manufactur) long before millennials were of gun buying age.

Comically, you yourself are not looking to pay what it would legitimately cost to turn one out in a first world country, yet you can’t figure out why we don’t make them anymore.

4FGz5Ut.jpg

z0ELY9k.jpg
I have one of those. Not nearly that pretty, but fun to shoot. mtmuley

So we finally get to the truth. It isn’t beauty you miss. You have a nostalgic feeling toward those because your grandfather owned them(which is a very valid reason for YOU to want them).There are much more beautiful rifles of all kinds than a Savage 99, and there are more beautiful versions of a Mauser than a Husqvarna.

I mentioned it before. The reason many of the older rifles are no longer made is because no one was willing to pay what it costs to machine them. Once a design that required fewer man hours to machine came about, people YOUR AGE AND OLDER bought those cheaper rifles instead of the ones you love. Millennials did not kill the Mauser or the pre-64 Model 70. Those were driven to obscurity(in terms of new manufactur) long before millennials were of gun buying age.

Comically, you yourself are not looking to pay what it would legitimately cost to turn one out in a first world country, yet you can’t figure out why we don’t make them anymore.
bravo.gif

Your idea of beauty and mine are pretty far apart, even for old mass produced rifles, those were nothing special. White line spacers? Those fell into obscurity about the same time as the mullet.

Old rifles are cool, and big "ball" bolt can be welded onto whatever bolt you want. You remind me of those house hunters shows, where the light fixtures are a deal-breaker on the perfect house.

Your idea of beauty and mine are pretty far apart, even for old mass produced rifles, those were nothing special. White line spacers? Those fell into obscurity about the same time as the mullet.

Old rifles are cool, and big "ball" bolt can be welded onto whatever bolt you want. You remind me of those house hunters shows, where the light fixtures are a deal-breaker on the perfect house.
Tom likes popcorn ceilings leave him alone

I do too :(

I also like brick that hasn’t been painted. Wood furniture that hasn’t been painted. I’ll come up with some more fuddy duddy stuff I’m into.
As a millennial I absolutely agree this is one of the most painful things I see people do! (Not limited to this generation but definitely prevalent) How can you take beautifully crafted cabinets or a table with real wood grain and paint that s*** white?!?? If you want to express yourself and paint your own furniture go buy crap from Walmart 🤦🏻‍♂️

As a millennial I absolutely agree this is one of the most painful things I see people do! (Not limited to this generation but definitely prevalent) How can you take beautifully crafted cabinets or a table with real wood grain and paint that s*** white?!?? If you want to express yourself and paint your own furniture go buy crap from Walmart 🤦🏻‍♂️
Painting over furniture is nothing new. All of these antiques had at least three different coats of paint applied during the course of the twentieth century ... over their original varnish. 20220101_165610.jpg20220101_165529.jpg20220101_165506.jpg20220101_165359.jpg20220101_170844.jpg

Back