The TV Show

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well guys, I had intended to wait until we had the new site fully functioning before showing this sample of the TV show. But, for a lot of reasons, I am going to post a link to our "sizzle reel."

A sizzle reel is the shoot 'em up highlights you show to networks and potential sponsors to give them an idea of what your production quality is, and what the show concept will be.

This link takes you to a landing page on our new site. That site will be live in a few weeks. And, Hunttalk will be the core of the new site. We are building that site around Hunttalk, so all of you Hunttalkers will be critical components of the new site.

Once we go live, whether you go to www.hunttalk.com or www.onyourownadventures.com you will be taken to the same place.

I am most interested in what you think about the show and the concept. Here is why.

The hunting industry, hunting TV in particular, is very rooted in guided hunting. For many reasons, the biggest of which is financial. Guided hunts are a sure bet, are provided at low or no cost, and can be completed with far less field production costs and difficulties.

I have been on guided hunts and enjoyed them. But, someone needs to try tell the story of the average non-guided hunter who represents 97% of hunters in America.

It seems our message is considered divisive to many in the industry. It is considered too edgy for some potential sponsors. Not sure why my promotion of how I hunt, and how most others hunt, is any different than the guy who gets in front of the camera and talks about "XYZ Ranch" or "Acme Deer Preserve" or whatever. But, it is going to be an uphill battle, no doubt about it.

Fortunately, Outdoor Channel loves it, and is willing to take the risk that viewers will like it. Actually, all the networks loved it, as everyone knows the demographics of the non-guided hunter, but all the big production companies said it was impossible to do at a high production level.

We have done it at a very high production level, which requires a lot more effort and a lot more cost. When you see it in full HD, I know you will be impressed.

Webstreaming as you see it here, does not do justice for the production quality we have. Some of you who have sample DVDs have seen what it is really like.

Outdoor Channel will be making a bigger press release in the next few weeks, at which time I can give more details. At this point, all I am able to provide is the link to the sizzle reel shown below. In June, I will provide all the details of every episode, every hunt, every sponsor, the network, airtimes, and every other aspect of the show. So for now, enjoy this little tidbit.

So, here is the link. I really want some honest feedback. Good or bad. Feel free to share it with your buddies, if you want.

www.onyourownadventures.com

Hope you like it.

Awesome footage Randy. Looking forward to the new site and best of luck with the show.

Outstanding!!!!! Success seems inevitable. Definately a concept everyone can embrace.

Just worked my way down to this. Congrats! My bet is that the majority of hunters will eat it up just like the reality shows. Good luck.

Randy, already told ya, great stuff. going to post this on another site I go to and see what they have to say. will copy and paste the results for you as they come in. and wheres my DVD?

"I like the whole concept. We DIY hunters have never had a show that tells our story, successful hunt or not. In watching the trailer, I was impressed with the quality of the footage, and was wondering how many camera operators are involved. It seemed to me that there is a camera on the shooter, and a camera on the game. I am a decent hunter of western big game animals, but I cannot see how the entourage is able to get into position and range and still not spook the game. This might be explained in the actual shows, but is not clear in the trailer. That is my only criticism of what I saw."

"Man that would be great , the trailer was cool .

I hope they do a stream tho as I can not afford to get the outdoor channel package , same as why I don't have V.S. , you pay a lot and 70 percent of the showes have nothing to do with hunting or fishing , So I hope this will be avalible to the computer ."

Randy, pretty sure you have a winner here.:D

"I love this idea, as I am a DIY kinda hunter. I love huntin' the public lands as much as I do the private lands. This is a great idea."

Thanks, that trailer looks great, and from what I can see, it really looks like a well produced segment, I've only got one question, how is it you managed to shoot an anmial on camera without a closeup of you cocking the hammer on your encore?

Looks great Randy, certainly better than a lot of the garbage on TV currently. Looking forward to the new site going live, plus being able to watch the show on TV.

Big DITTO of what everyone else said. I think it will be a hit. Congrats

I just made two posts on Del's site, but Randy... you are well on your way my brother! I wish you only the greatest success and with a show that represents the common man, you have really carved your niche! Congrats and I'm looking forward to the great stories that you've told put to video! Of course with generously paid sponsor breaks!

Way to go Randy!!!!

Awesome trailer Randy, can't wait to see more.

Never have been a fan of reenactment's in hunting shows, but that's just a personal pet peeve. Also, it came off a little more anti outfitter than I expected, which I love, good job sticking to your guns and not compromising the public land DIY message.

Curious if its going to be 100% public land? I assume your big whitey was on private and would hate to miss out on the footage of that toad.

Don't have the outdoor channel but will definitely make sure i don't miss an episode.

Can I say :KICK AS: without being banned from this site ... ;)

B-Fin, It looks good. Are you going to have farting in your video ? I think that is Real... Every DIY hunt has it involved.... Just my .02 :D

Back