The Storms of Life

OK, this has just been too much fun! I went ahead and renewed my EXPIRED membership to RMEF just to get entered in the hunt with Randy. If I could win and have HALF the excitement this is giving I would die a happy man! Carry on.

hell i'd pay money to just join randy on a hunt. forget being the tagholder.

Found 8 of them. No sign of the filthy old boy. I'm convinced he's in the rocks and timber, just out of our view. We're staying here until he's located, then launch off the ridge and up the opposing face.
So much for putting my phone down today! Good luck!

Warning: unsolicited mountain shooting advice

Do you have a bubble level on your scope? I bet your rifle was canted. It really hit home for me once. I set up on a nice bull tahr at 525 yards at a 30 degree uphill angle. Dialed for the drop and wind. My last check before pulling the trigger was checking my scope level and the bubble was pegged all the way to one side, probably 15 degrees off! I leveled the bubble and the crosshairs looked so far off I thought the scope was broken. I stood up, walked behind the gun; yes it was level, my brain just was so confused by the terrain that it couldn't sort out what level was at the moment. I laid back down, trusted the bubble level, and drilled the bull. I absolutely would have missed if I didn't have the level on my scope.

You will get that billy. He will not leave hot nannies for any reason.

Thank you so much for bringing us along for the ride.
I don’t have a level on my rifle, but my bow site I’ve noticed it a ton at the Total Archery Challenge. It’s amazing how far off you can be when you think you’re level

I don’t have a level on my rifle, but my bow site I’ve noticed it a ton at the Total Archery Challenge. It’s amazing how far off you can be when you think you’re level
Only matters to the degree your bullet is making an arc. Whatever Randy is shooting, it's going to be fast enough that being half a bubble off (or more) won't matter much at that distance. Not going to throw shots off the animal like that.

He won't miss again. Of that I'm certain.

Big Frank is on borrowed time now.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back