The Storms of Life

Here is the shooting set up. The rifle angle this pic is not what the shot angle was. The camera angle is what the shot angle was. The packs were supported by trekking poles. There were better shooting rocks, but the better locations had shooting lanes obscured by trees.

We did what we could with what we had. I just didn't finish the job.

The follow up shooting to check zero has me confident in what has historically been one of my most trustworthy rifles. I have hopes for a better outcome the next time.

20211120_134843.jpg

I sure don't like piles of gear like that, but maybe that's all that would work. Personally, I'd try crossed trekking poles from sitting, but I wasn't there either.

Tomorrow will be another day. If it is even slightly better than this one, it will produce a goat. As it is, you had a heck of a great day anyway, with more to come.

Charge on!

PS. I'm sure you realized that if you had dropped that billy, this would be over and we here in internetland would have nothing for tomorrow. THAT is the real story ;)

Take 2 coming up! I hope you can shake off the misses and have a fun day tomorrow. Dirty boy or bust 😉

Great thread, as it encompasses what hunting is and what life is. I hope it happens this morning, Randy.

That steep angle makes the shot tough Im sure today is going to be the day and success is always a bit sweeter after a challenge

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back