The running of the bulls

In reference to the people laying in the streets protesting. These are the same people who shut down the seal skin trade, with no thought whatsoever to how it would effect the Inuit. We are allowed to hunt them, but have no where to sell their skins.

Ever been to a stockyards where the cattle are packed in like sardines in a can and some of them die from the heat. Even in some semi truck's they are packed in. Ever see chickens packed in small cages and stacked on top of each other on a semi, bet they enjoyed that trip.

Have you ever wounded an animal ( I have ) and not found him or did track him and finished the job. Maybe only hunt if we can guarantee one shot instant kills.

I like Aprils point about Fox hunting. It is illegal to hunt Fox with horses and hounds in England but one can go to France and hunt deer with horses and hounds. Plus her point about mountain lions and raccoons

I have never been to a Bullfight and if I did go I might not like it. But I will not interfere with their tradition and wish others who do not understand or like what I do , hunt and trap, would respect what I do. But this morning there are approx 30 men and women protesting "trophy hunting" the Polar Bear.

I wish the folks in Spain well and hope they enjoy their tradition of running with the bulls, bull fights, and their festival.

Have you ever wounded an animal ( I have ) and not found him or did track him and finished the job. Maybe only hunt if we can guarantee one shot instant kills.

I like Aprils point about Fox hunting. It is illegal to hunt Fox with horses and hounds in England but one can go to France and hunt deer with horses and hounds. Plus her point about mountain lions and raccoons
Sadly yes, like many, I have hit and lost an animal, though thankfully very, very few, but you cannot draw parallels between us hunting and a bull fight, we as hunters seek a swift kill and respect the animal we hunt, that is polar opposite to bull fighting.

Yes hunting with hounds is banned in England, but that hasn't stopped it happening, nothing has changed.

Cheers

Richard

if you didn't hunt, it would never happen, you intentionally elect to hunt, as do I by the way, but fair enough, the animal only suffers because of a human error it is not intentionally Is the intent of the fox hunt to kill the fox ---for the dogs to tear it apart ? "So nothing has changed", I assume you mean that not only are they still letting the dogs tear it apart, they are now doing it illegally ?

I am not against fox hunting, I would not do it illegally, I am not against hunting, I hunt and trap for a living, I am not against France hunting deer with hounds and horses and I would never protest Spains traditions either

Last edited:
I went to a bullfight earlier this year in Madrid. I understand the tradition of it and I'm not going to pass judgment on whether they should continue. I'm glad I went to see it but I probably would not go to another one. I agree the the killing of the bull (even taking into consideration the excellent life it's had up until that point) is tantamount to torture.

"So nothing has changed", I assume you mean that not only are they still letting the dogs tear it apart, they are now doing it illegally ?
Yep, nothing has changed, they still hunt foxes and deer with hounds, illegally, but it is rare a prosecution ever makes it to the courts.
Even with the anti's and plenty of video footage they usually fail through lack of evidence.

Cheers

Richard

they are serving the meat from the day's festivities.

Would you eat the meat from these bulls at a restaurant ?

No, but not for some sense of pseudo-morality, but because I don't want 3 hour old adrenaline/cortisol/lactic acid filled meat. If I have steak I want it 45 day dry aged to perfection. At the minimum give me 15 days.

No, but not for some sense of pseudo-morality, but because I don't want 3 hour old adrenaline/cortisol/lactic acid filled meat. If I have steak I want it 45 day dry aged to perfection. At the minimum give me 15 days.
to each there own . for me , just carve a slab offn his rump and put it on a plate ,next ta some tators..

The Grayrider------ Bravo!

A mentioned before it is interesting that the females ( hunting wife, mtelkhuntress, panda bear and myself ) are more tolerant than the men of this tradition, on average

trwistedsage, your post mirrored what I have heard, when discussing this with a variety of folks while having coffee--or wine.

Panda, good point and the Bull Fight is legal

Vikingsguy, Kmott, northwoodslab------a few points gentlemen. most if not all restaurants at this time serve meat from the Bulls that were raised with the Bulls that go to the ring, but not the Bulls that were in the Arena that day. The bulls from the arena that day would be acidic, gamey, tough unless it was stewed within an inch of its life. However the meat from the bulls that were raised with the bulls that went to the arena that day are as good as it gets, meat wise. They are raised on large farms, grazing in a relaxed manner all their life --excellent meat and this is what is served--except---for the tail, which is stewed with veggies and wine and spices and is very good. Also, the Criadillas from the bulls that die sin the arena are considered a delicacy and I personally thought they were excellent table fare.

As for the Bullfight itself. It didn't upset me and we enjoyed the entire festival which included the Bull fight, but I did ask some folks one night, if they thought the Italians should fix up the Coliseum and have lion vs man contests again, as it was a tradition at one time. As is always the case, one young male said he could do it as he was he was fast and strong. I might mention the wine was flowing pretty freely that evening however, and he may have thought differently when sober LOL

Also, the Criadillas from the bulls that die sin the arena are considered a delicacy and I personally thought they were excellent table fare.

I have made a lifelong commitment to keep the balls of any animal (two legged or four legged) out of my mouth - so far, so good.

I was raised to treat all animals (domestic and wild) with respect. That being said I can't support the bullfight. If you want to kill something and eat it, don't belabor the process. Get it over quick and as painless as possible.

I was raised to treat all animals (domestic and wild) with respect. That being said I can't support the bullfight. If you want to kill something and eat it, don't belabor the process. Get it over quick and as painless as possible.

How do feel about "hypocrisy" ?

However I will not be as persumptious as others and make an unfair presumption about you. You were simply stating your honest opinion about one topic "bull fighting" specifically and "the humane treatment of all animals"., I recognize that

But the European Union successfully put thousands of people out of work because they decided our yearly seal harvest was wrong, but Bull fighting and Fox Hunting is o.k. Apparently Fox hunting is still being done, even where is is illegal, but it is legal in some pars of the European Union

vikingguy, in reference to four legged animals, we do eat and use part's of the animal that most dont. Besides the testicles, we also consider moose nose a delicacy .

How do feel about "hypocrisy" ?

However I will not be as persumptious as others and make an unfair presumption about you. You were simply stating your honest opinion about one topic "bull fighting" specifically and "the humane treatment of all animals"., I recognize that

But the European Union successfully put thousands of people out of work because they decided our yearly seal harvest was wrong, but Bull fighting and Fox Hunting is o.k. Apparently Fox hunting is still being done, even where is is illegal, but it is legal in some pars of the European Union

vikingguy, in reference to four legged animals, we do eat and use part's of the animal that most dont. Besides the testicles, we also consider moose nose a delicacy .

I think my statement about the humane treatment of all animals speaks for itself. It is pretty self-explanatory... ALL ANIMALS.

Since I have received a few pc's about viking guys post, I will comment thusly (-; (Is thusly really a word ) Recently I referred to my husband and was told it was not politically correct to say husband and wife, I should say partner-----I politely said that in my humble opinion "PC" has literally gone of the rails and is a train wreck, but I am old, what do I know.

Having been raised on a ranch, rocky mountain oysters, were just another dish to me--steak, chicken, fish, venison , bacon ( lots of bacon ) as well as rocky mountain oysters.

As to what viking guy puts in his mouth, or doesn't, is none of my business, so I will not comment directly.

Panda, I know exactly of what you speak of and it was and is unbelievable how the european Union shut down an entire industry based on what they determined was right or wrong, but have been unable to do the same thing in their own back yard. ( fox hunting, hound and horse deer hunting, bullfights ) However, on a forum like this one many have no idea what you are speaking of and many more dont care as they have their own fires to put out in their life. Your to close to this subject and the consequences of what happen and it would be best to look for "justice" in a different arena. That is not a slam on this forum or you Panda, but I know how close you and your family were to this and how badly it effected you and many others that you knew. On the other side of the coin, I doubt, but do not know, if anyone else, here, beside you were affected by the European Union decision to close down the seal skin business. Just my open and honest opinion for all to see.

I do however agree that joking about or possibly even worse, condoning any illegal activities is not right, regardless of the infraction or where it occurs.

My "running of the bull" thread took an unusual turn, so to get it back on track------I will "run" with them, if Dirtclod, Harley, Bambistew, Brent, Ben Lamb, Hunting Wife, Mtelkhuntress and Bobbydean will do it. however in my case I would need a few shots of tequila before we start lol

Last edited:
Bring it on! I mean the Tequila.I have run with wild cattle in Az. through
the cactus,what could be worse?Could we rent a Mazerati while were there/ Ha!Ha! 😎

Bring it on! I mean the Tequila.I have run with wild cattle in Az. through
the cactus,what could be worse?Could we rent a Mazerati while were there/ Ha!Ha! 😎

When in Rome-----OR Spain, do as the Spaniards do----we would look for a Spania GTA Spano .

The Grayrider------ Bravo!

A mentioned before it is interesting that the females ( hunting wife, mtelkhuntress, panda bear and myself ) are more tolerant than the men of this tradition, on average

trwistedsage, your post mirrored what I have heard, when discussing this with a variety of folks while having coffee--or wine.

Panda, good point and the Bull Fight is legal

Vikingsguy, Kmott, northwoodslab------a few points gentlemen. most if not all restaurants at this time serve meat from the Bulls that were raised with the Bulls that go to the ring, but not the Bulls that were in the Arena that day. The bulls from the arena that day would be acidic, gamey, tough unless it was stewed within an inch of its life. However the meat from the bulls that were raised with the bulls that went to the arena that day are as good as it gets, meat wise. They are raised on large farms, grazing in a relaxed manner all their life --excellent meat and this is what is served--except---for the tail, which is stewed with veggies and wine and spices and is very good. Also, the Criadillas from the bulls that die sin the arena are considered a delicacy and I personally thought they were excellent table fare.

As for the Bullfight itself. It didn't upset me and we enjoyed the entire festival which included the Bull fight, but I did ask some folks one night, if they thought the Italians should fix up the Coliseum and have lion vs man contests again, as it was a tradition at one time. As is always the case, one young male said he could do it as he was he was fast and strong. I might mention the wine was flowing pretty freely that evening however, and he may have thought differently when sober LOL
nor would it offend me .. very little does. and I agree 100% PC HAS GOTTEN TOTALLY RIDICULOUS ! even here.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back