Caribou Gear

The Nuge Speaks ..... again.

I quit watching him when he started singing thru the blue tooth looking set up.

TedNugentHostPreshowBBQ0xEivTdpHCXl.jpg

Don't watch his hunt shows.

On the flipside, he has a Shockey worthy hot wife and I like his staunch pro 2nd views....and he tells a great joke making fun of the french.

noharleyyet said:
On the flipside, he has a Shockey worthy hot wife and I like his staunch pro 2nd views....and he tells a great joke making fun of the french.

We need to have a thread on the best looking women on hunting TV shows. I'm not sure Shockeys wife would rank near the top of my list but Nugents propably would. Seems like Shockey had a good looking daughter though.

A lot more to the story than what's been reported. The state could have proved that he knew of the law, due to a previous encounter with law enforcement. Why the state didn't go after him, I don't know.

After he lied his butt off on the Glenn Beck show, I wrote and email to most of his sponsors. (of his tv show) Every single sponsor sent me a personal email back within 24 hours. A few of them indicated that they were reconsidering their sponsorship once their contract was up.

Eva Shockey is gorgeous :) As far as Uncle Ted goes...well I believe that he is a great spokesman for the NRA. Hunting maybe not so much BUT He takes alot of wounded vets hunting- whether that is to make up for past wrong doings I don't know. But he takes terminally kids and wounded vets hunting all the time. There is something positive about that.

I have always believed people go through a crazy period in life. Most of us get it out of our systems in our teens or twenties. Looks like Ted has finally hit his. I think the root issue is to much time spent in Texas.

Love the music but he is an embarrassment to sportsmen.

....brilliant.

High fences, semi domesticated deer, exotic species, feed stations, food plots, pay for access, shoot em with anything you want, loud and proud, extreme Red state politics.

Admit Texas is unique and Nugent fits right in with his over the top approach.

Doubt it watch bucks of Tecomote with Jeff Foxworthy and that other guy. They actually had a debate to justify high fences. Last time I watched that show.

Fair chase OYO ++

p.s One Texas opportunity I would love to experience is helicopter hog shooting.

Of course Utah has our own issues. Worst of all is the SFW blight that started here and is spreading. Sorry everyone. Oh we also invade Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado every year. Also we have way to many ATV's and growing numbers of slobs who never get off them. Last confession is our nutty politicians are trying to gain control of Federal lands in Utah. Wow I feel better with that confession. Can someone out there give me Absolution?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zumbo

Watched Zumbo hunt elk in Idaho on horseback - man has got to be in his 70's - we all have opinions but Jim is still doing it the tough way - not too many shows left that are not focused on food plots, long range shooting - what ever happened to the ole fashion way of stalking and actually hunting - this remark doesn't apply fo Fin, watch your shows and it is refresing to see your approach to the hunting,.

High fences, semi domesticated deer, exotic species, feed stations, food plots, pay for access, shoot em with anything you want, loud and proud, extreme Red state politics.

Admit Texas is unique and Nugent fits right in with his over the top approach.

Doubt it watch bucks of Tecomote with Jeff Foxworthy and that other guy. They actually had a debate to justify high fences. Last time I watched that show.

Fair chase OYO ++

p.s One Texas opportunity I would love to experience is helicopter hog shooting.

Of course Utah has our own issues. Worst of all is the SFW blight that started here and is spreading. Sorry everyone. Oh we also invade Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado every year. Also we have way to many ATV's and growing numbers of slobs who never get off them. Last confession is our nutty politicians are trying to gain control of Federal lands in Utah. Wow I feel better with that confession. Can someone out there give me Absolution?

Uncle Ted is extreme no matter where he is from or where he lives. He ain't one of us though.

Have you ever hunted in a high fence? It's as difficult as you want to make it. Sure I would rather hunt fair chase but at the end of the day- I would rather be in the woods hunting something than sitting there waiting for October to roll back around.

I have never hunted deer in a high fence. NEVER WILL. But I sure will hunt the hell outta exotics during the off season if the opportunity presents itself. I hunted a 600 acre high fence ranch in March. The animals never came to a feeder. I had to spot and stalk the blackbuck I harvested. My brothers both struck out completely. It all depends on how the place is ran and what kind of terrain it offers. Plus EXOTICS are delicious :D

Last edited:
Uncle Ted is extreme no matter where he is from or where he lives. He ain't one of us though.

Have you ever hunted in a high fence? It's as difficult as you want to make it. Sure I would rather hunt fair chase but at the end of the day- I would rather be in the woods hunting something than sitting there waiting for October to roll back around.

I have never hunted deer in a high fence. NEVER WILL. But I sure will hunt the hell outta exotics during the off season if the opportunity presents itself. I hunted a 600 acre high fence ranch in March. The animals never came to a feeder. I had to spot and stalk the blackbuck I harvested. My brothers both struck out completely. It all depends on how the place is ran and what kind of terrain it offers. Plus EXOTICS are delicious :D

walkaway.jpg

With all due respect, that might be the attitude in Texas or the east, but it's a sure fire way to lose public hunting on public lands. Folks would rather fight over the scraps than fight to protect what matters: the land abd the common man's ability to utilzie the wildlife resource.

It's also endemic of a society that thinks their pleasure comes before all else. So I'd rather hunt fairchase, and won't participate in the privatization of wildlife because at least I'd get to hunt. I can be out in wild country 365 scouting, etc. If it's really not about the kill, then it shouldn't matter at all if you have a rifle, right? It's a value judgement to be sure, and you can do what you want to do, but I'll still fight to make sure that everyone gets a fair shot at real fair chase hunts. This is why I'm a big supporter of Texas seceding from the Union. :D

Texas is the future of hunting unless people stand up and fight for their rights. The Nuge certainly has embraced the private wildlife model along with Foxworthy and most other hunting "celebrities." That hurts the guys who hunt public land. Randy, Rinella and a very few others put the focus back where it needs to be: on the resource.

The other guys seem to think that the resource exists solely for them. It's narcissistic.

Funny how those boys all flock to SFW as well. ;)

H.D. Thoreau said that most men fish their entire lives without realizing that it's not the fish they're after. Seems appropo to this discussion.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back