Caribou Gear Tarp

the NRA is ticking me off

duckhunt

I am a very proud supporter of the NRA. I might not agree with everything they stand for but for the most part I support their overall goal. I pay my annual dues to them and other organizations every January. I am not rich but I do my part with dues. The NRA finds it necessary to call me 2 to 3 times a day asking that I donate more money. It is explained to me that if I want to keep my gun rights they need more money. I have explained to them that all I can afford is my annual dues. They keep calling and I have gone as far as telling them to stop calling. Im to the point where when I see that number on my phone I just dont answer. Has anyone else had this problem?

That's the reason I quit. When I got a call about my membership, I told him so and was even recorded giving my reply. Give, give, give. Fine and dandy to look for more donations but it got to the point of almost being harassed about it.

I get 2 or 3 emails a day, even though I'm already a life member. Sad thing is, that the emails keep coming in from different addresses, so I can't just send them to a junk folder. It's annoying. But, nowhere near as bad as phone calls. Sounds like Buckmasters.

I have delt with before and one the reasons I quit the nra even though I believe their cause is genuine. I usually reply on emails and tell them cease and desist or actions will be taken and phone calls are easy just block the number.

I'm a life member. I wish I could get my money back. I get mail or emails from them at least a few times a week. It's always the same speech about how they need more money and my dues are not enough. I support what they do no doubt, but their tactics fro getting donations suck.

They'd have a good bit more money if they quit with the mailings. I'm sick of them also and have quit paying dues as well.

Not only the mailings but what about the cost of paying these people to call the membership. I have not done the research but it makes me wonder what percentage of dues actually goes towards the cause.

That's weird. In all my years I can't remember getting more than one phone call and I never get any emails from them. I do get continual mailings and they just get added to file 13 without even opening them most of the time.

Sound like a lot of us have had the same experience with the NRA. I also used to be a member but I got tired of getting mailings at least once a week asking me to fill out a survey asking my opinion on gun issues. It was obvious what my opinion was since I was a member.
Of course at the end of every survey it asked how much ae you going to donate with you survey to voice your opinion.
It must cost millions to keep sending this stuff to people who are already members every week. Why waste our money like that and piss off your members?

What are they going to do if a Republican wins the White House?
I was just going to say if you want to contribute to the NRA the best bang for your buck is to elect Hillary. :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in where their donations come from.

I quit 20+yrs ago.........I can defend my 2nd amendment rights just fine myself.

FWIW, they used to call me even though I'm not a member and I told them to put me on their "do not call list" and they stopped. Now if I could just get rid of the scam calls I'd be fine... I don't even answer my land line anymore. If it is important they will leave a message.

They relentlessly call me for money. I must've made the mistake of donating for something or other in the past so I get the pleasure of being on the war dial list for idiots. It's always from some call center with 500 other people on the phones and it's always annoying.

They'd have a good bit more money if they quit with the mailings. I'm sick of them also and have quit paying dues as well.

I agree 100%. Their constant harassing pissed me off. It's a shame because I enjoyed membership but am not a money tree....R

I have had the NRA and the Republican National Committee send certified letters asking for money. I had to go to the post office to sign for junk mail. As my dad used to say, I was fit to be tied. In both cases I called them and the letters and phone calls stopped.

I was getting weekly phone calls. It started out pleasant but soon turned to rather aggressive DEMANDS for money. I was polite at first now I tell them not to bother me and hang up. my membership renewal is sitting on the desk.
I will be sending them a letter but no money. Hassling me at work and demanding money is the wrong tack. Plus, what Grizzly brought to light in his post the other day abt supporting politicians who support selling public land has me wondering if I'll ever support them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back