Caribou Gear

the NRA is ticking me off

I think spending the money on guns and ammunition would send a similar message to Congress, the President and the economy. Especially if the money is spent it with a brick and mortar who's trying to raise a family. NRA membership drops off, guns and ammo sales go up.

Now if a seller who isn't also a Bundy type can be found it would be a good thing.

Probably wouldn't work. Just thinking out loud before my coffee gets my brain in gear.

I was a member for several decades, and never got a single phone call.
I never gave them my phone number.

I've been a member for years and I've never once received a phone call. I'll get the emails, but I just mark them as spam and that covers it.

That's weird. In all my years I can't remember getting more than one phone call and I never get any emails from them. I do get continual mailings and they just get added to file 13 without even opening them most of the time.

this^^^^ (I'm a Lifetime member also).

Window washers ain't cheap.

rowell-001-NRA.jpg

nra-building0.jpg

I am not too crazy about what the NRA does all of the time. I am a life member and get no phone calls-at least that I answer. I don't answer numbers that I don't know.

That being said, for the amount of political battles they fight, they need lots of money. It is a pain, but who else is going to fight for gun rights-NOBODY, that's who! And you will not get good people to fight for you without the big salaries. That is not an easy job.

To those who think they can defend their rights alone-good luck with that! Ain't gonna happen skippy!

At least the NRA fights the political battles. The RMEF refuses to fight the political battles and still sends me plenty of crap wanting money. They are a joke, too, but that is a different argument.

I am not too crazy about what the NRA does all of the time. I am a life member and get no phone calls-at least that I answer. I don't answer numbers that I don't know.

That being said, for the amount of political battles they fight, they need lots of money. It is a pain, but who else is going to fight for gun rights-NOBODY, that's who! And you will not get good people to fight for you without the big salaries. That is not an easy job.

To those who think they can defend their rights alone-good luck with that! Ain't gonna happen skippy!

At least the NRA fights the political battles. The RMEF refuses to fight the political battles and still sends me plenty of crap wanting money. They are a joke, too, but that is a different argument.

The NRA-ILA, their lobbying arm, only spends $3 million per year. The NRA's overall budget is north of $250 million. $33 million of that is salary for their over 700 employees. About the same amount goes in to their direct mail campaign.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000082

The NRA-ILA, their lobbying arm, only spends $3 million per year. The NRA's overall budget is north of $250 million. $33 million of that is salary for their over 700 employees. About the same amount goes in to their direct mail campaign.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000082

Now, that is efficiency. I used to be a member, but realized they were spending WAY more on sending me crap in the mail than they could have possibly covered with the annual dues I paid.

I'm sure the NRA is no stranger to receiving a checkbook box filled with 11lbs of #6 shot and one of their postage paid envelopes firmly attached with duct tape.

NRA is a joke! Keep drinking the cool aid buddy.

If the democrats ever get the Presidency and both houses of congress, we better watch out. They will pass sweeping gun bans and it won't be just bans on ARs. Hillary has stated that she favors the Australian approach to gun control or rather "gun safety" which is what they call it now. The NRA is the premier 2nd ammendment organization, I realize they do too many mailings and stuff like that, but work hard at keeping the gun grabbers in their place. I urge everyone to join, I am a life member.

If the democrats ever get the Presidency and both houses of congress, we better watch out. They will pass sweeping gun bans and it won't be just bans on ARs. Hillary has stated that she favors the Australian approach to gun control or rather "gun safety" which is what they call it now. The NRA is the premier 2nd ammendment organization, I realize they do too many mailings and stuff like that, but work hard at keeping the gun grabbers in their place. I urge everyone to join, I am a life member.

It is my opinion that you are taking your eye off the ball. If you are a sportsman, you need to look at who is going to sell your public lands first. Your guns are safe despite the scary picture you are trying to paint above. Your public lands are not safe. NRA is hardly a premier organization by the way.

I am not taking my eye off the ball at all. The democrats are stating their intentions to ban guns. The same democrats are anti hunters or are beholding to them because they are part of the democrat base. Our guns are in much greater risk of being banned than public land is being sold. Has there been any bills introduced that have any chance of passing which would sell public land?

So here's an idea.

Only renew your membership if they issue a position statement in support of public lands.

If not just send the money to RMEF, DU or some other conservation organization.

That's right. When Obama took office with the dems controlling both houses of congress they immediately implemented sweeping bans and not just on ARs. :rolleyes:

Anyone that thinks the NRA isn't the main reason we haven't lost a lot more things regarding guns, ammo, etc. must be living in a vacuum. The politicians in DC are scared to death of the NRA and it's the most potent lobbying organization up there bar none!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back