The New Cam Hanes Flick

I am about an hour into the Cane Hanes/Joe Rogan podcast. I find if I put it just out of reach on the treadmill my performance increases 20% trying to shut it off. No matter how fast I go, I’ll never reach it.

My entire issue with Cam Hanes is that he’s built himself off this whole “I’m a no-talent loser from podunk Oregon with nothing great to offer” … yet whenever someone agrees and is like, “man, Cam Hanes is a no-talent a$$ clown”, he and his followers are up in arms about it. It’s ridiculous.

i feel there is a very distinct difference between humility and false humility and i would argue the line tends to be crossed where you never shut up about how "not special" or not "super talented" you are. you work to elevate yourself by de-elevating yourself. to really de-elevate yourself in humility you generally just keep your trap shut.

there is very particular toxic psychology in false humility and i think hanes has it perfected

I stopped following Cam Hanes after a few too many Instagram posts where he repeatedly told and lectured his audience about how little he cared what people think of him. If he doesn't care, why keep posting? I was further turned off when he started stumping for political candidates in my state, with very little knowledge of the underlying issues.

But to his credit, he's found a market, and if its your thing, enjoy. There are hunting influencers of all stripes. Some celebrate public lands, some villify R3, some have started taking celebrity baseball players and country stars on hunting trips. If I'm not getting good advice or cooking tips, I'm not as interested in watching much of it anymore. I'd rather just go do it myself.

The hunters I respect the most just go hunting, spend time with their families, and lead balanced lives.

I will say (after a few more paychecks or if I can find a sale) Cam Hanes' "Keep Hammering" brotien powder from Mtn ops is pretty tasty stuff.

If there is anything to be learned from Joe Rogan it’s that the only way to have a productive conversation is to randomly call people names and claim that everyone who disagrees with you is having sex with your wife? (Unsure the definition of cuckologist)
I’m sorry, wllm.
I was way out of line.
And I’m sorry I can’t quit using “cuck” all the time.
I heard Emmett Davis say “a lot of people are gonna call me a liberal cuck for this” on two of planker podcast and it’s been stuck in my head ever since.

I’m sorry, wllm.
I was way out of line.
And I’m sorry I can’t quit using “cuck” all the time.
I heard Emmett Davis say “a lot of people are gonna call me a liberal cuck for this” on two of planker podcast and it’s been stuck in my head ever since.

Cuckologist is an amazing word though.

You have me walking around at my government job wanting to call everyone a cuck now...

This intern blocked me in this morning because God forbid he park in the sun and I'm trying to think of the best way to phrase a "parked like a cuck" award to put on his windshield before I yell at him.

You have me walking around at my government job wanting to call everyone a cuck now...

This intern blocked me in this morning because God forbid he park in the sun and I'm trying to think of the best way to phrase a "parked like a cuck" award to put on his windshield before I yell at him.
It’s very addictive.
Nearly as versatile as the f-word and
it has such a funny connotation.

Othello remains literature's preeminant cuckologist.

-Bill Shakespeare

Back