Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

The game is changing

Not to focus on blue-team/red-team BS, but genAI is going to call into question every picture/video we see and all the audio we hear. Given how thoughtfully and carefully we have managed the dangers of the internet and social media to date, I am certain we will handle this wonderfully. I also look forward to posting pics of all the booners I didn’t shoot this year courtesy of genAI.

And here is an example.

View attachment 312463
Wow… maybe we can use it to protect our public lands and wildlife. Put the biggest opponents of hunting and put them in a grip and grin wearing RMEF or similar stuff.

Im mostly surprised by people’s willingness to accept fake stuff. Confirmation bias at work I guess. I basically don’t believe anything until it is confirm by like 5 different sources over a week. I hope the more fake stuff is created the more skeptical people become and it loses its effectiveness. Not sure that is a great place to end up as people might not turn to independent thinking and rather just become more entrenched. Wonder what AI predicts?
AI has HUGE potential to help predict thing, organize things and guide execution of products.
Let me introduce it to my little friend the stock market.

Current prospective presidential candidates... Artificial intelligence…

Can anyone tell me with a straight face why I should expect the second to ruin my future given the options presented by the first?

I’m so excited to participate in this election cycle.🤯

Current prospective presidential candidates... Artificial intelligence…

Can anyone tell me with a straight face why I should expect the second to ruin my future given the options presented by the first?

I’m so excited to participate in this election cycle.🤯
Giant douche and turd sandwhich....

Least the southpark content wil be good as the world burns

I was just the right age and place to treat the Crichton novel and the movie as gospel.
Tangent unrelated to the OP, apologies to Vikingsguy.

I read the book in 4th grade and the movie came out when I was in 6th. It was to me what Star Wars was to so many kids in the 70’s.

I was REALLY into dinosaurs probably a skosh longer than I really should have been. I got National Geographic when I was young and wanted to be a Jack-Horner-type paleontologist from age 5 or 6.

That wore off, but within a year of moving to Montana at age 22 I realized I lived a couple blocks from Jack, after seeing him driving around. It was a little surreal.

Just like I didn’t want to be a paleontologist once I got a bit older, living in Montana isn’t as special as it was the first year. Yet, I still appreciate living here…

The way disinformation can be spread using these technologies is staggering. It's going to come from all directions, and a lot of people will have no idea they are consuming it, IMO.
You mean in addition to the deluded masses that already couldn't or wouldn't discern facts from 'truth?' Step right up, ladies and gentlemen. . .

Tangent unrelated to the OP, apologies to Vikingsguy.

I read the book in 4th grade and the movie came out when I was in 6th. It was to me what Star Wars was to so many kids in the 70’s.

I was REALLY into dinosaurs probably a skosh longer than I really should have been. I got National Geographic when I was young and wanted to be a Jack-Horner-type paleontologist from age 5 or 6.

That wore off, but within a year of moving to Montana at age 22 I realized I lived a couple blocks from Jack, after seeing him driving around. It was a little surreal.

Just like I didn’t want to be a paleontologist once I got a bit older, living in Montana isn’t as special as it was the first year. Yet, I still appreciate living here…

I met him on a grade school field trip to the museum in maybe 4th grade or so. Dude was a Rockstar back then.

I just did a search, and it looks like he's still at it. Awesome.

You mean in addition to the deluded masses that already couldn't or wouldn't discern facts from 'truth?' Step right up, ladies and gentlemen. . .
I'm not sure if your agreeing or disagreeing! Lol

No argument from me that plenty are already choosing their own "facts".

I listened to this talk a while back. It seems relevant to this topic.

Perhaps it will pull people inward. The folks you trust being the ones you know. The only events you believe being those you saw with your own eyes. A massive and radical contraction into the local.

I thought about your comment while driving in to work tonight. This AI conversation sounds like an uncontrolled inevitability, but it brings to mind the Biblical story of the Tower of Babel. A bunch of people destined to become the ultimate civilization until divine intervention confounds their language and they are forced to fragment back into isolated groups.

QQ

Being a teacher and the father of young kids, this is just another reminder that now more than ever it’s just so frickin vital for schools AND parents to teach kids how to think critically and evaluate evidence.
Thank you for teaching kids to be skeptic truthseeking individuals. Only way that our soceity will continue.

Not to focus on blue-team/red-team BS, but genAI is going to call into question every picture/video we see and all the audio we hear. Given how thoughtfully and carefully we have managed the dangers of the internet and social media to date, I am certain we will handle this wonderfully. I also look forward to posting pics of all the booners I didn’t shoot this year courtesy of genAI.

And here is an example.

Of course, truth is stranger than AI....
47930.jpeg

QQ

I am appalled by it. I remember when i was a kid the adults said "dont believe everything you read on the internet" now I am explaining the same thing to them....
That's funny, does it make me a old fart because we just had our first kid when the old net first started. As a kid our biggest worry was making sure I was on the porch before the yard light came on at dusk. Lol

And here is an example.

View attachment 312463
Now there's a bit of a freak show, holy crap.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back