Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

The game is changing

VikingsGuy

Not to focus on blue-team/red-team BS, but genAI is going to call into question every picture/video we see and all the audio we hear. Given how thoughtfully and carefully we have managed the dangers of the internet and social media to date, I am certain we will handle this wonderfully. I also look forward to posting pics of all the booners I didn’t shoot this year courtesy of genAI.

And here is an example.

1706222618143.png

Not to focus on blue-team/red-team BS, but genAI is going to call into question every picture/video we see and all the audio we hear. Given how thoughtfully and carefully we have managed the dangers of the internet and social media to date, I am certain we will handle this wonderfully. I also look forward to posting pics of all the booners I didn’t shoot this year courtesy of genAI.

And here is an example.

View attachment 312463
I’d like to think those are real photos. It’s like some of the ufc fights, behind the scenes they are all friends😂.

I’d like to think those are real photos. It’s like some of the ufc fights, behind the scenes they are all friends😂.
On the back of their “Christmas card”

Happy Holidays friends! We had another great year celebrating our 50th (8th legally) anniversary. Don continues to enjoy a good tan to stay young at heart while Joe is still very fond of our precious ice cream Fridays. This year brought us even closer together with all of our wonderful adventures together! Cheers to 2024!

And here is an example.

View attachment 312463

Funny how these pictures are a preferable state of affairs to our current real situation. A fictional but better world.

Pictures are one thing, but it will be hard to scale the disruption that video and audio will create. You think scams are bad now, just wait till your daughter calls you telling you she’s been in put in jail and needs you to wire her some money or your wife calls you screaming and hysterical about your mother dying in a car accident - and it’s nothing but ones and zeros behind the scene - and you have no real way of telling until you see them in person.

I believe we are approaching a crisis of narrative. Even world leaders could struggle to discern truth, particularly in situations of urgency.

I’d like to think a potential positive will be a resurgence of journalism as a sacred role, but we don’t even have that now Pre-AI. Perhaps it will pull people inward. The folks you trust being the ones you know. The only events you believe being those you saw with your own eyes. A massive and radical contraction into the local.

Or, some pretty sweet gifs.

Funny how these pictures are a preferable state of affairs to our current real situation. A fictional but better world.

Pictures are one thing, but it will be hard to scale the disruption that video and audio will create. You think scams are bad now, just wait till your daughter calls you telling you she’s been in put in jail and needs you to wire her some money or your wife calls you screaming and hysterical about your mother dying in a car accident - and it’s nothing but ones and zeros behind the scene - and you have no real way of telling until you see them in person.

I believe we are approaching a crisis of narrative. Even world leaders could struggle to discern truth, particularly in situations of urgency.

I’d like to think a potential positive will be a resurgence of journalism as a sacred role, but we don’t even have that now Pre-AI. Perhaps it will pull people inward. The folks you trust being the ones you know. The only events you believe being those you saw with your own eyes. A massive and radical contraction into the local.

Any yet, none of that will slow its use and continued evolution, too many pockets are poise to be lined with it's use.

Last edited:

How about this . . . a real world example last week.

And the elderly are already being targeted.

Any yet, none of that will slow its use and continued evolution, two many pockets are poise to be lined with it's use.

I think that’s probably the main driver.

I’m not an expert, but I do enjoy following along with the debates and discussions around the topic. Speaking about AI generally, When it comes to the ethos of those developing these technologies, there’s also a very prevalent undercurrent within that community of belief in:

1. Whoever (companies, countries, cultures) gets it first will be at a massive and perhaps exponential advantage to those who don’t, and not being first might be the end.

2. Though the ride will be bumpy, this type of technology is really our only hope for overcoming how much of a damn mess humans are.

3. Many of the folks developing this very much view themselves as pioneers of the inevitable.

Personally, I don’t buy any of those arguments, but I do see apologists for where we are headed making them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back