Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

The evolution of Hunttalk ???

Stole this from Hank4Elk-

This is me to a T, so deal with it.

"Being an old fart and all(tech challenged and poor service in remote area) I have hard time with folks that some things are second nature , 'cept real nature.
Old school is not always "old fool ".
And I'm never to old to learn something new or share.
Otherwise I'd just be another hermit."

What I find amusing when a newbie pops in and asks for info on his first post is that the guys nailing him are usually fairly new and don't have that many posts themselves. It's kind of like being the second newest guy on the crew and giving the rookie a hard time just to show they have a handle on the way things are supposed to go.

New guy- " Hi, I just drew X tag and now I need to know where to go."
Guy that signed up 6 month ago with 50 posts.- "Who do you think you are asking for info on your first post? Punk." :D

However, it gets really good when newbies second post is a passive/aggressive attempt at getting information by calling out the whole forum because he didn't get what he wanted on his first post. They deserve everything they get at that point. What was the name of the guy that did that the last time?:rolleyes:

Where seldom is heard a disparaging word and the Tejanos are cloudy all day....

...is cloudy disparaging? I learned to rib Texicans in the service.......DI's suck.

Carry on!

Per the members and also Cushman I am a "Newb"...I think the chop busting is funny and part of it even when it's my chops. I also haven't asked for help or everyone's favorite spot either... I just enjoy learning, contributing where I can, and looking at photos of all the awesome places everyone goes. When I can I will post photos of the cool places I go and help anyone I can within reason.

This site does a pretty good job of self-moderating. Is that a word? Nothing wrong with calling out the new information seekers, most end up accepted later anyway. It's good to get a feel for new posters and their questions. Some deserve the info, some not so much. mtmuley

I'd also say that this is a good forum with mostly good topics. There are a few guys who have never had a wrong opinion in their life which gets old after awhile but that seems to have been better lately.

I'd say the thing that grinds my gears the most is when somebody asks for help, I send them a PM with some very good info in it and I don't even get a reply back. Not even a "thanks" and because of that, I tend to not help out as much unless I think a guy is going to stick around for awhile. There's really only been 1 guy who I know truly appreciated the help and was able to have a good hunt.

There are also a few guys who have answered questions for me too so overall I have very few complaints.

I've actually helped out a couple of guys that I didn't even remember I gave them info until they sent a thank you later.

JLS you have given some great info.... and there are about a dozen others in my PM box saved for a thank you when I get too doing what I asked about, and I'm not afraid too tell people where I shot a 207" muley either.... but most know, which I was surprised on the draw odds in that unit this year.... fairly decent.... had two people I know draw that tag.... so all the newbs that stick with it this year I may send you a PM in the future when you ask about an "area".....
Matt

On a good note I got on here a while back , and was a new guy and asked 4 help for 34 deer WY and got a couple smart remarks. But that's ok because everyone has secret spots and don't want a good spot to go to hell (I'm kinda the same way and yet give good people my good spots sometimes) but was impressed with the help and direction I got!!!
I'm from San Diego and if you see a legal buck your lucky , with the help I got from you guys on HT I killed a 160 4 point & saw 100+ deer a day !

Thanx to all on hear!
Help someone if can & do un to others right?

I do get a kick out of guys who ask for info on their first post. No hey how's it going can I grab you a beer or fluff your pillow.
I just move to the next post and let someone else ridicule them. I figure that silence will send the appropriate message but I may be wrong.

Overall this is the best site I've been on. Most of the riff-raff has been sent over to MM and other sites to complain and belittle each other. The Hunttalkers I've met in person were all great and I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Maybe some people are crabby because tag numbers have been down the last couple yrs ! I didnt draw some tags that I always draw ! I too have made some friends on this forum & learned a TON ! I'm going on my 1st archery elk hunt this fall w a fellow hunttalker.

Just sorry our hunting time will be cut short because I am headed to Alaska.

Interesting responses here. I like the approach of helping if you want to, and remaining a passive reader if you don't think that you want to contribute. I've been hunting the same two units for 15 years, and readily share what I have learned about the country. I learn every outing, and my success rate is so low as a traditional archer, that I don't really think that I have anything to hold back - for God's sake. I guess that you have to ask yourself if it really matters in the big scheme of things. But then again, as my lovely bride likes to point out, I could be wrong.

I can definitely say that I've noticed a difference in when I first joined a few years ago while prepping for my 1st WY hunt to NOW while prepping for this 2nd WY trip.

A few short and snippy responses a month or so ago but lots of help since. I didn't think much of it seeing that everyone is secretive and very unhelpful here in the east. Too many people..few hunting spots.

P.s. I will say I havent posted much in the last few years only bc I felt as if there was nothing for me to offer since I had no hunts in the west until now. Most of the deer we see in NC are not worth mentioning

P.s. I will say I havent posted much in the last few years only bc I felt as if there was nothing for me to offer since I had no hunts in the west until now. Most of the deer we see in NC are not worth mentioning

I think you probably have more to offer than you think. Maybe not so much for NC deer specifically but any and all of your hunting experience can be helpful. Plenty of guys on here are always asking for advice for their first western hunt. Since you've already done a hunt, you could help other guys with things to do, things not to do and what you'll do different next time.

NHY, You funny man.. Oak nailed it.. ha ha ha.. Remeber the days of Bobcat and LB and Elky and a few others that shall remain nameless. Glad I never said anything that offended anyone.. by the way. Being offended by words is something people choose. It's not like being hit with a baseball or sprayed with mace. Offense is something you choose. If you don't want to be offended by anyone, then don't accept the offense. If someone strings a bunch of words together to illicite a reaction from you and you react as predicted, then they were successful with their attempt. It's you choice as an individual. Although I have to disagree with all you boys. Buzz is not offensive.. Sweet and kind and gentle.. One of Moosies favorite people and one heck of a good hunter..

What gets me is the self-proclaimed experts that start dominating threads and stepping on other posters. After awhile they start saying how things should go. There's a lot of guys on here who really know their stuff and it doesn't take long for them to put the know-it-alls in their place. If that's not enough this place is run by a guy who waded in on a 3 pitbull attack with nothing but his Tony Lama's. That takes care of a lot of nonsense.

I was joking about wanting to know the location of your honey hole in 61...

Back