Caribou Gear Tarp

The Donalds Unite (Trump and Peay)

"If you would have told me Donald Trump would be leading at this point, I would have never believed you," said Utah Lt. Governor Spencer Cox, over the weekend. Cox is one of the leaders of the Marco's Rubio's campaign in Utah.

Asked if there's any way he could support Trump, Cox said, "If he is the nominee, I will support him." He added with a smile, "I'm not supporting Hillary."

...sums it up for me as well.

I posted a few weeks ago that this might be the best thing that has happened to the anti-land grab movement.

If SFW throws in with Trump, the only Republican to be fighting to protect public land, it will only help to educate the Utah hunting electorate to the issue of public lands and how it could affect sportsmen.

I would love to have the SFW machine touting the protection of public lands through their Utah media monstrosity (which is huge), and maybe start turning the course of this discussion.

The ancient proverb, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind. If SFW starts fighting to protect public lands as a Trump surrogate and it pushes Ivory and Bishop down a pro-hunter path, then I'll take the benefit I can get from SFW... regardless of how I feel about some of their other operations.

It won't change my overall view of SFW, but I'm not going to cut off my nose just to spite my face.

The young Trump boys hunting with Don Peay and having the ear of Donald Trump on public lands issues. The very thought makes me want to puke.

Peay has already monetized the Utah license system, imagine what he can do to the public lands of the West.

Nemont

I posted a few weeks ago that this might be the best thing that has happened to the anti-land grab movement.

If SFW throws in with Trump, the only Republican to be fighting to protect public land, it will only help to educate the Utah hunting electorate to the issue of public lands and how it could affect sportsmen.

I would love to have the SFW machine touting the protection of public lands through their Utah media monstrosity (which is huge), and maybe start turning the course of this discussion.

The ancient proverb, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind. If SFW starts fighting to protect public lands as a Trump surrogate and it pushes Ivory and Bishop down a pro-hunter path, then I'll take the benefit I can get from SFW... regardless of how I feel about some of their other operations.

It won't change my overall view of SFW, but I'm not going to cut off my nose just to spite my face.

So it's great that Trump is anti-transfer, but where is he on the actual management of public lands?

Cut funding for clean water & air:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-vows-to-slash-funding-for-education-epa-1452551107

Trump on energy (more fracking ,less oversight):
http://www.worldenergysource.com/worldenergy-blog/trump-on-energy-in-politics

Trump on climate change & renewable energy (which is the fastest growing sector of the energy industry in the US):
http://solarserviceguy.com/trump-on-solar-power-wind-energy/

So, beyond the dog whistle of "Public land is great, I won't get rid of it," look to how he would actually manage it. I don't think that he's our friend. He's just better at lying to us than the others.

I think he will do just fine as he will have to appoint someone to that end. I too do not care for DP, but there is a reason he is a thorn in the DIY Hunter's side and that is because he has been successful. As for DT's sons hunting with him, how many on this board actually thought that one campsite down from their camp was gonna be DT's boys? An Ben a lot of what you just posted was your own personal beliefs. John

Ben Lamb, we'll cross the management bridge when we get there. At least we'd have a pro-public land, pro-hunting President.

We can say that about no other candidate.

I think he will do just fine as he will have to appoint someone to that end. I too do not care for DP, but there is a reason he is a thorn in the DIY Hunter's side and that is because he has been successful. As for DT's sons hunting with him, how many on this board actually thought that one campsite down from their camp was gonna be DT's boys? An Ben a lot of what you just posted was your own personal beliefs. John

Ok John. You vote for him, but be ready to kick his ass when it goes south. ;)

So, beyond the dog whistle of "Public land is great, I won't get rid of it," look to how he would actually manage it. I don't think that he's our friend. He's just better at lying to us than the others.

You are just too cynical Ben. If you look deep into his eyes you can see he means every word he says...

Do you think Peay can really gain enough power to make a difference on the land transfer issues? So what if he hunted with Trump's kids. I will not support Hillary either. That being the only thing I am adamant about so far. mtmuley

I will take trump over Cruz and Rubio, at the very least he hasn't endorsed land transfers. management changes and if it's for the better it remains to be seen. However I would much rather have to worry about management issues, then it not have the land to manage.

Mark my words. If Trump is elected president.It will be because of Don Peay's endorsement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back