Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

The Devil's Lettuce

I love these types of threads because the smokers come out of the woodwork to defend their habit.

I’ve had both in camps and its presence didn’t bother me. I’m not a smoker. I gracefully decline when asked to partake.

I think it was a dumb marketing decision by Simms. They lost customers.

Look, if we take the ether out of hunting, then Hunter S and I are going back to bat country where it's encouraged.
...and that's how you and Hunter S end up locking yourself in the bathroom with a blue arm at 35,000 feet.

Wait, what about lettuce? I thought some one was gonna have a good recipe or something.
Chop it up a add some cucumbers, tomatoes, croutons, a nice dressing on top. Then throw it away and eat some BBQ like a man.

Like @TOGIE said once the weapons are up go for it. I have one friend who regularly smokes and hunts with me ( he's a 20 year retired vet who uses weed in place of pain a d anxiety meds) it's never been a issue. I'm far more leery of alcohol in my camp especially around unknown people.

I believe in liberty. It would be hypocritical of me to pass judgement on people who have or do use it. That said it’s annoying to work in places where workplace culture is everyone is lit. As a consumer it’s annoying to deal with people who are lit in businesses. It seems everyone is lit now days. Speaking from experience and observation it seems that people who are otherwise motivated and hold the potential to be successful are less of those under its influence. That’s not to say you can’t be that to some extent under its influence, it’s just how much more or better you could have been. Like I said though freedom and chit. Makes it easier for those of us that aren’t, don’t have to try as hard.

I think it was a dumb marketing decision by Simms. They lost customers.
But did they? I "highly" doubt it. This post was only on Instagram. How many people even knew it existed until the thread on Rokslide and subsequently here? A lot of us are fairly indifferent to it so they didn't lose my business...they didn't have it because I don't have $ for expensive fishing gear and frankly I'm too fat to be getting the munchies.

Just like everything else on social media people get all pissy about a post and rant about it but were they ever really customers? Did they gain a sector of prospective customers that fish and partake?

We have a 10 page thread about how to spend the money gained from recreational sale of marijuana. Seems like a lot of indirect support on this forum.

My one problem with the ad is that 'fish whistle' was barely funny the first time I heard the term a few years ago.

Back