That time again - Wyoming

Big Fin?
Can a guy put in for a unit with litlle to zero chance on drawing for antelope and than a sure bet tag as your second choice and get pref point in Wyoming?

Big Fin?
Can a guy put in for a unit with litlle to zero chance on drawing for antelope and than a sure bet tag as your second choice and get pref point in Wyoming?

Yup. That is what I do, and some years, the "little or zero chance" in the random draw comes to fruition.

Big Fin?
Yep did that last year with my first 2 choices and drew my third wich was 100% success good luck!

You can do it on antelope and deer, but not elk.Unless your going for antlerless elk.I do what your asking every year and draw 2nd or 3rd choice tags,and bank the points

So what are the best units to put in for and what are the GPS cordinates to the Best animals ?:D

I'm looking forward in drawing Wyoming and Oregon with IDB in 2011. (Not jsut putting in, but drawing) There is gunna be some hurting on some Forked horns and Spikes in 2011 !!! :D :D

Hey Big Fin, did you stop doing the monthly sponsor prize giveaway or have I simply missed the October names? Sorry to hijack your thread.

awe this makes my head hurt. Last year i found out wyo had no record of the 1st time i applied for elk, so i lost my max point holder status. They only accepted checks that year, so i have to look through boxes and see if i can find a copy of the check from years ago.

Fin,

Where does a guy have to look to see what's public land in Wyoming?

You would almost have to view the BLM maps online. WY G&F published that information in their regulations many years back, but they have dropped it from the regs.

Maybe I should go back to my old regs and transcribe that data to a spread sheet and post it up here for people to see. Not sure that will make my "to do" list prior to the deadline next month.

As a general rule, the further west you go, the more public land you find. North and west is better for public land, east is worse.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back