Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Solar Energy Comments due April 18, 2024

Cost effective is feasibility and thats always subject - but the regulatory logistics involved make this argument incoherent in a practical sense.
Regulations are self-imposed constraints. It's not like it's "impossible" because of gravity. The film Oppenheimer reminded me that we can do a lot of things when we are pressed to. Right now everyone is still trying to stake a position to get the benefit but not sacrifice anything. If it takes financial incentives then so be it. There should be panels on every public building and every mall and we should start construction on new modular nuclear plants. We either are going to complain about the problem or find solutions. My concern on large-scale projects on BLM is the same as everyone else. Once that ope space is gone, the damage may be permanent.

That is true - but remember the sun doesnt shine all the time and the wind doesnt blow all of the time either.
I never proposed them being off grid. Net metering is what I was thinking and you are at the delivery point then. If all new construction was engineered and required to be capable of producing and accounting for some percentage of its demand, that frees up those Kwhs to be used elsewhere. But we digress...... Absolutely, keep that shit off my critical or sensitive habitats!!

Regulations are self-imposed constraints. It's not like it's "impossible" because of gravity. The film Oppenheimer reminded me that we can do a lot of things when we are pressed to. Right now everyone is still trying to stake a position to get the benefit but not sacrifice anything. If it takes financial incentives then so be it. There should be panels on every public building and every mall and we should start construction on new modular nuclear plants. We either are going to complain about the problem or find solutions. My concern on large-scale projects on BLM is the same as everyone else. Once that ope space is gone, the damage may be permanent.
Self imposed by PUCs, laws, and seperate owners to avoid monopolistic business practice. Thats the everest of hills to climb in terms of change.

Theres certainly benefit and less draw on the grid by folks producing their own power. In other words - panels on the businesses/homes would slightly reduce need for more power. Thats about the best it can do in present state.
I never proposed them being off grid. Net metering is what I was thinking and you are at the delivery point then. If all new construction was engineered and required to be capable of producing and accounting for some percentage of its demand, that frees up those Kwhs to be used elsewhere. But we digress...... Absolutely, keep that shit off my critical or sensitive habitats!!
Thatd be too sweeping (new work being capable of what you suggest) - im afraid. Folks really wouldnt like their power bill or new construction costs. Good to always advocate for the right places, approaches, and considerations associated with it though!

My underlying fear is that we are chasing a goal (substantially mitigating climate change) that we ultimately aren't going to reach. It is a global issue and 11 states in the American West can't fix it. Sure, we can mitigate our emissions at home, but ff China, India and other developing nations are going to continue increasing burning of fossil fuels and global temperatures are going to continue to increase, why burn up public land - a finite resource?

My underlying fear is that we are chasing a goal (substantially mitigating climate change) that we ultimately aren't going to reach. It is a global issue and 11 states in the American West can't fix it. Sure, we can mitigate our emissions at home, but ff China, India and other developing nations are going to continue increasing burning of fossil fuels and global temperatures are going to continue to increase, why burn up public land - a finite resource?
China and has built and is building more solar/wind than the USA. India is picking up steam. Many other countries (by percentage) are on higher percentage renewable than america.

Not saying you arent right (its all fruitless without everyone reducing emissions) - just that china doesnt expressly use coal only and abandon solar/wind generation. It just seems like a common political talking point.

Anyone know the results of the soil testing after the hailstorm on the solar field in Texas?

This whole discussion is founded on the politics of Green Energy (a fallacious argument). If the government proposes to site solar farms on public acreage we as citizens need to demand a proper feasibility/accounting/environmental study showing the advantages for KW production per a given footprint (acreage) and an environmental impact study for say 40 years down the road. Government subsidies included in the financial model. Furthermore, there needs to be discussions on what becomes of thousands of solar panels after their 25-30 yr life expectancy.

April 18th is long gone... Hope the support and opposition put your keyboard chest thumping strokes to commenting, unless this is another popcorn-fest thread...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back