Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Explain Wyoming prefrence points like I'm 5

c0d95

Hey all, current WA (barf) resident with plans to (someday) move to Wyoming. Not sure when that will happen but in the meantime, I want to spend some time hunting in Wyoming. Looking at their regulations and it's making my head hurt- no more than Washington's do but still- is someone able to explain prefrence points like I'm 5? Thanks in advance!

Do people do any research anymore, or just post up questions and wait for answers to be hand fed to them? This is really basic and pretty clear on their website. You can always call the Wyoming game and fish contact line, they will walk you through all of your questions. Should take about 5-10 minutes out of your day.

Hey all, current WA (barf) resident with plans to (someday) move to Wyoming. Not sure when that will happen but in the meantime, I want to spend some time hunting in Wyoming. Looking at their regulations and it's making my head hurt- no more than Washington's do but still- is someone able to explain prefrence points like I'm 5? Thanks in advance!
Here ya go kid……..

Do people do any research anymore, or just post up questions and wait for answers to be hand fed to them? This is really basic and pretty clear on their website. You can always call the Wyoming game and fish contact line, they will walk you through all of your questions. Should take about 5-10 minutes out of your day.
I did do research. The website created a lot of questions for me. Didn’t have time to call yet. Sorry for using the discussion group to discuss things.

I won't pick on Wyoming because in all reality they are very generous but I will explain most preference point systems like this. You give the government money, and in return the government gives you........(insert crickets chirping) 😅

I’ll give it a shot. There is a regular draw and a special draw. Special is more expensive and WY sets aside 40% of the tags for people willing to pay more. That may mean it’s easier to draw or may not. Who knows. In both drawings they go through preference points first 75 % of tags. The higher point holders draw first. Then 25% of tags are set aside for a random drawing for the rest of us unlucky bastards that didn’t draw in the points round. Something like that but definitely do your own research.

I’ll give it a shot. There is a regular draw and a special draw. Special is more expensive and WY sets aside 40% of the tags for people willing to pay more. That may mean it’s easier to draw or may not. Who knows. In both drawings they go through preference points first 75 % of tags. The higher point holders draw first. Then 25% of tags are set aside for a random drawing for the rest of us unlucky bastards that didn’t draw in the points round. Something like that but definitely do your own research.
Thanks man! I appreciate it. I am going from only hunting OTC tag in Washington to trying to put in for other states to accumulate some points. I need to spend some more time in the regs for sure.

explain it like i'm five is a reddit thing - a sub where people enjoy the challenge of explaining things simply and eloquently to those less in the know.

this boards average age and level of crotchetiness is not well suited to such questions. proceed with caution.

Gotta be careful asking questions on this forum. People prefer to bitch over answer a question or linking a video...

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back