Tell Me About Scheel's

The biggest difference between Schools and most of their competition is they train their employees very well specific to the department they work in. They know their products and know them well.
wmd

Great to see such a strong consensus that Shields is top notch. Can't wait for the one in Missoula to open. Used to be a big Cabela's guy starting back in the 90's before they turned into nothing more than a glorified clothing store.

I held a grudge against old scheels in St. Cloud for YEARS. When I was in the 7th grade my dad was tryna get me a bow fishing rig set up for me for Christmas. Scheels dude basically said I was too small for any bow that’s made as if archery for children was impossible.

Went to Archery Country where they had millions of kids bows and I was waxing carp the following spring.

But yea, I’ve let it go. That was only like 20 some years ago....
👍 Archery country
Bought my first real bow at Archery country years ago. I was a tall lanky youth. They set me up well. Later traded it in at Scheels on my last bow. Both places are about the only good reason to go to St Cloud anymore!

Haven’t ever ordered from there or shopped until today but they had the Sitka Transverse Pants and a couple other Sitka items on sale so I ordered them. I plan to check it out when we go through Colorado Springs on the way to Estes Park in two weeks. We do not have one in Oklahoma but see they are in Kansas and Texas so maybe someday hopefully. Seems like a good store.

I found that the staff in the guns dept and boots dept at the Col Springs Scheels to be knowledgeable and helpful without being pushy. Great selection of quality stuff.
Cancelled my Cabelas card and replaced it with a Scheels one. Final straw was when my Cabelas points mysteriously disappeared.
I ditched my Cabelas/Ass Pro card and got a Scheel's card too. Much better rewards program & returns policy.

Growing up in North Dakota, where Scheels is based, and spending the greater part of my life here, I have been shopping at Scheels my whole life. I was also once employed by Scheels and as others have stated their training and customer service is top notch. Since the downfall of Cabelas, in my opinion, Scheels is hands down the premier sporting goods store in the country. With that being said I want to comment on their credit card which is handled by the Bank of Omaha. In 2018 Bank of Omaha made a decision to favor the anti-gun crowd over the pro 2nd amendment crowd. The following is copied from and article in USA Today February 17th of 2018.

"First National Bank of Omaha said Thursday it won’t renew a contract with the National Rifle Association to offer an NRA-branded Visa credit card after receiving complaints from customers amid an intensifying national debate on gun control."

Doesn't make Scheels a bad company whatsoever but I find it ironic how their credit card supplier can take an anti-gun stance and still enjoys the profits from a successful sporting goods store who makes a good deal of their profits from law abiding armed citizens.

Love Scheels, both as an outdoorsman and as a parent of three kids in sports. Having one 10 mins from home is nice (and expensive).

My only concern at this point is that they get too big and get bought out by someone that changes their business (like Fleet Farm here in WI, used to be awesome).

There's one about 7 minutes away from me here in Texas and my wallet doesn't appreciate it at all. Haven't been to Cabela's or Basspro nearly as much since they opened.

No comparison, unless your interested in looking for camo bed sheets, bass chatterbaits and a matching pair of camo bikinis to go along with it. Then bass pro is your spot.

Scheels, real deal.
If it weren't for camo bikinis and bass chatterbaits, my Twitter feed would be dead.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back