Top 10 Western State Self Promoters

Status
Not open for further replies.
his rankings have zero thought, Eva Shockey has been dormant in the hunting world for a couple years, and RMEF? Sheesh.
And yet hunting companies are still paying her and using her to advertise.

Damn that is a Crappy feeling. I’m not familiar with a surgeons knot but if you think it was the knot that failed and not a weak spot in your line you could look into the Palomar knot. That’s what I usually tie and is very strong

it’s a line to line connection. I was going mono to flouro with it, thinking maybe the flouro cut it. I could see the line broke right at that knot.

Let The Hate flow through you | Let The Hate Flow Through You | Know Your  Meme

I'm not sure I'd put RMEF on that list. Most of those guys can barely operate a computer.

Nothing SUPER depressing. I was fishing a trout stream in the southern metro of the Twin Cities that gets hammered pretty hard (like vehicles at every access point even on weeknights), and the habitat is such that there are few trout, but the ones that do survive get very big.

Basically, I'm stripping in a streamer, big tug right about where I expected one to come, and then SNAP, my surgeon's knot failed. I'm an embarrassment to my self and everyone else around me.
If you're using fluorocarbon I suggest hitting the knot with a bit of head cement or clear fingernail polish. That stuff is very slippery.

Edit: I see later posts clarified. Not a knot slippage issue.

Last edited:
Nothing SUPER depressing. I was fishing a trout stream in the southern metro of the Twin Cities that gets hammered pretty hard (like vehicles at every access point even on weeknights), and the habitat is such that there are few trout, but the ones that do survive get very big.

Basically, I'm stripping in a streamer, big tug right about where I expected one to come, and then SNAP, my surgeon's knot failed. I'm an embarrassment to my self and everyone else around me.
Sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back