Tell Me About Scheel's

I bought my first bow from Scheels when it was a small place in the St. Cloud, MN mall when I was twelve! Almost 30 years later, I still love that place. The new store is an addition on the mall which is great, I can enter in the side and never set foot in the mall! Service is great, and if you check the website you can get some great deals! Just got a great deal on a Leupold vx-freedom for my AR, and got a really good deal on a mystery ranch pop up last year when they were bringing out the new model.

I agree with most everyone else about the selection over bass pro and cabelas. Our local store has been getting more and more upper end brands which is always nice to see. Always have had a decent selection with boots, hunting packs, and camping gear. Recently have included stone glacier and hilleberg tents. Also used to carry a fairly decent reloading section up until recently.

This is only true of the staff at FF is firing on all cylinders that day. Lots of people making bad suggestions behind the gun counter at FF. Seems they used to be better about hiring people who knew things about the products but I don’t know how true that is anymore.
I don’t trust most the staff at any big box store for advice.

Besides everything everyone has said about gear and goods, the biggest thing you'll notice is that they are a very generous company and reinvest heavily in their communities. I live in Minot, ND and our store is huge in our town.

I found that the staff in the guns dept and boots dept at the Col Springs Scheels to be knowledgeable and helpful without being pushy. Great selection of quality stuff.
Cancelled my Cabelas card and replaced it with a Scheels one. Final straw was when my Cabelas points mysteriously disappeared.

My brother and I stopped in Scheel’s last fall during hunting season. I bought the shotgun I had been looking for, and my brother was able to handle all the semi-custom rifles he was whittling down at the time. That is a rare find.

I like Scheels. Too much. They also support their communities.

Fleet Farm is a complete joke around here, the people know nothing and all they carry is bottom tier stuff. Even in normal years, they have no idea how to order ammo. stuff that isn't even legal in the state is stocked heavily and stuff that is used runs out in September.
I agree. Ever since FF went public, they went downhill fast (Reoccurring theme?) Even pre-covid, they were constantly out of stock of basic items. The help (what little they have) is disengaged.

Scheels is tops as an outdoor retailer. (But I am spoiled because I live in their hometown) Quality help.

My sister in law works for the one in Fargo. Great company and she loves how they treat her and her coworkers. I have been the recipient of some very nice birthday and Christmas gifts from her. Great products, great customer service, and great business/family values.

Scheel's is a great store. It's one of the few stores that my entire family loves to go to on a regular basis. I went to the one in Sparks (Reno) today to get my son his first pair of "real" binoculars and was able to pick up some ammo I haven't been able to find at some of the locally owned stores. The only problem is that they have just about everything I look for, so I spend way too much money every time I go in.

I bought my first bow from Scheels when it was a small place in the St. Cloud, MN mall when I was twelve! Almost 30 years later, I still love that place. The new store is an addition on the mall which is great, I can enter in the side and never set foot in the mall! Service is great, and if you check the website you can get some great deals! Just got a great deal on a Leupold vx-freedom for my AR, and got a really good deal on a mystery ranch pop up last year when they were bringing out the new model.

I held a grudge against old scheels in St. Cloud for YEARS. When I was in the 7th grade my dad was tryna get me a bow fishing rig set up for me for Christmas. Scheels dude basically said I was too small for any bow that’s made as if archery for children was impossible.

Went to Archery Country where they had millions of kids bows and I was waxing carp the following spring.

But yea, I’ve let it go. That was only like 20 some years ago....

I held a grudge against old scheels in St. Cloud for YEARS. When I was in the 7th grade my dad was tryna get me a bow fishing rig set up for me for Christmas. Scheels dude basically said I was too small for any bow that’s made as if archery for children was impossible.

Went to Archery Country where they had millions of kids bows and I was waxing carp the following spring.

But yea, I’ve let it go. That was only like 20 some years ago....
👍 Archery country

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back