Tell Me About Scheel's

The sheer amount of Dillon reloading stuff they usually have on hand should tell you just how serious they are. They also have tons of Mystery Ranch, Sitka, and now Stone Glacier on hand in the store. I've also had really great service and selection at their archery shop.

The only shame was that 80+% are in 6.5 something or other.
I still don't understand how everyone doesn't have like 5 6.5 creeds by now and has no need for more. lol

Obviously they still sell a shit pile of them.

Don't even think about going in; Scheel's is a terrible store. Way too many fancy rifles, shotguns, and fly rods. Might as well go to Vegas; you'll be broke either way. ;)

Seriously, top-notch customer service. I wasn't aware that employees had a stake in the store, which speaks volumes.

I stopped at one on the way home a couple years ago. I picked up my Metcalf there and the gal who sold it to me hunted, knew what she was talking about and knew how to fit the pack. Reminds me of Cabelas from 20 year ago. If there was one near here I'd be in big trouble.

I'm really impressed by Sheels growth while still maintaining quality inventory and customer service. The one store the whole family can agree on visiting. They have the outdoors, athletics and whatever the wife is into covered. It's usually an expensive visit.

I like Scheels. Too much. They also support their communities.

Fleet Farm is a complete joke around here, the people know nothing and all they carry is bottom tier stuff. Even in normal years, they have no idea how to order ammo. stuff that isn't even legal in the state is stocked heavily and stuff that is used runs out in September.

The stores in Great Falls and Billings treated me well. When I lived in GF like 15 years ago, it was a tiny little thing in the mall. When they moved the 100 yards down the road they clearanced everything. I bought an RCBS shotshell press like 300 3.5" federal primed hulls and a pile of other things for pennies. I'm curious to see what happens when the Missoula store opens in October.

A few years ago I even acquired clearance primers from the store in Omaha...along with a Marlin SBL that was 20% off. That'll never happen again I'm guessing.

Scheels beats them hands down. Their stores are well designed. Their customer service is excellent. I worked at a scheels for about 2 years. They take care of customers first almost to the point of annoyance if you work there. Lol. I’ll pick scheels first for the shopping experience any day.

They mounted and bore sighted a scope for me last week and all I bought from them were the rings.

The hiring practices between BPS/Cabela’s and Scheels is night and day. No offense to Cabela’s employees but they tend to hire a lot of dopes.
I had to go through 3 interviews with multiple managers that included a slew of firearms and hunting questions to get hired PT......for reference, I didn't have that many interviews when I was hired as a Federal Agent ;)

Runnings>Fleet Farm
10X

Runnings finally bought out Campbells in Sioux Falls so I can finally shop at Runnings again. Got hooked on them in College, great store.

Scheels is a quality store, but if you're on a low budget you'll struggle there. I would say its more of a high end hunting and fishing store. Not that this is a bad thing, but if you're trying to pinch pennies avoid Scheels.

10X

Runnings finally bought out Campbells in Sioux Falls so I can finally shop at Runnings again. Got hooked on them in College, great store.

Scheels is a quality store, but if you're on a low budget you'll struggle there. I would say its more of a high end hunting and fishing store. Not that this is a bad thing, but if you're trying to pinch pennies avoid Scheels.
Didn’t know about Runnings or Scheels until I lived in Rapid City. They mop the floor with Cabelas and Fleet Farm.

The Scheels store in COS is flippin' HUGE! It makes ours in Great Falls seem like a cracker jack box. Heck, its noticeably larger than the Billings store.
Hands down my "go to" store! I try to support the store as much as possible rather than buying on line. Its nice to be able to walk into a store and grab what you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back