PEAX Equipment

Tell Me About Scheel's

junior88

I just found out that Scheel's will be opening a store here in Arizona, at the Chandler Fashion Square mall. I was always a Cabela's guy but I have soured on them ever since Bass Pro took over. Also with Bass Pro acquiring Sportsman's Warehouse I fully expect them to go down in quality. Been doing most of my shopping online, but I like to see things in person. They won't be opening until fall of 2023. Hopefully they are more than the glorified clothing store that Bass Pro is turning everything into

No comparison, unless your interested in looking for camo bed sheets, bass chatterbaits and a matching pair of camo bikinis to go along with it. Then bass pro is your spot.

Scheels, real deal.

Last edited:
I ordered a lot of fishing stuff from Scheels this spring including a trolling motor. No issues and I will order more stuff from them as needed.

Scheels is an interesting place...the one here is like a cross between how cabelas used to be with a Walmart and generic sporting goods store like Dicks, etc. Not to mention the animatronic presidents (??) scattered throughout, the Ferris wheel, and big aquarium.
But for my liking (and I assume yours too) it has great gun selection, best part being you can walk up and handle most guns without going behind the counter. Also has tons of hunting, shooting, trapping, and reloading gear. Not to mention the huge fishing section and a decent camping section as well. It’s my go to brick and mortar store now.

I work at the store here in COS. Here are a couple of things that will tell you how the company approaches things. The company is NOT public....owned by the Scheel family AND the employees. The guarantee is simple-satisfy the customer- and we are EXPECTED to make it happen. Also, they hired and paid to train us as PART TIME employees almost 4 months prior to store opening (those of us in guns went to the range with different gun reps every week). It is a great place to work and we have some awfully cool stuff. I told my wife when I took the job that I would probably just be signing over my checks for guns and gear .....that is about to come true :) Feel free to ask me anything you think I could help with!!

Last edited:
I work at the store here in COS. Here are a couple of things that will tell you how the company approaches things. The company is NOT public....owned by the Scheel family AND the employees. The guarantee is simple-satisfy the customer- and we are EXPECTED to make it happen. Also, they hired and paid to train us as PART TIME employees almost 4 months prior to store opening (those of us in guns went to the ranch with different gun reps every week). It is a great place to work and we have some awfully cool stuff. I told my wife when I took the job that I would probably just be signing over my checks for guns and gear .....that is about to come true :) Feel free to ask me anything you think I could help with!!
I love your attitude. I know quite a few people that worked at the Glendale Cabela's. Each one of them is disgusted with what has happened to Cabela's since the takeover. Sounds like Scheel's does it right

Not sure where I heard this but Cabela’s/BPS is the Wall Drug of sporting good stores. Seem more true each time I step in a Cabela’s store.

Grew up with a Scheels an hour away. Now I have to go the three hours to a Billings. It’s worth it and one of few stores I still enjoy going to just to look around at stuff. Their website kinda sucks but I have made online purchases with them before and everything worked out well.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back