Teacher Concealed Carry Law in Idaho

Signs don’t prevent shootings!!! View attachment 314629

Signs prevent shootings!!
View attachment 314630

So which is it?
This is a poor comparison.

One sign is advertising that everyone inside this building (unless they’re breaking the law) is unarmed, an easy target, and it will be easier to go in there and do evil things.

The other sign is advertising that there are people with guns inside and it will be harder to go in there and do evil things.

Nobody is saying “all signs stop shootings” or “no signs stop shootings”.

This is a poor comparison.

One sign is advertising that everyone inside this building (unless they’re breaking the law) is unarmed, an easy target, and it will be easier to go in there and do evil things.

The other sign is advertising that there are people with guns inside and it will be harder to go in there and do evil things.

Nobody is saying “all signs stop shootings” or “no signs stop shootings”.
Some signs work better than others.

1707348885350.png

Of course, the bill doesn't force anyone to carry and doesn't make them exempt from rules for getting a CWP.

Schools vary a lot in how/what they teach. Not all teachers deserve more pay. If you look back to the teachers you had, you'll be an exception if you never had a truly bad public school teacher. Likewise, many parents are part of the problem. We aren't going to solve all of the issues with public schools here.

This bill would simply be a step to protecting kids if needed. That being said, kids are probably at risk from being bullied and harassed which can drive them to suicide more than shootings. There is also very little likelihood that any of us will ever need to pull a firearm for protection, but it's good to have the option.

You are concealed carrying, not much of a deterrent if no one knows you have a gun. Not sure this has come up with teachers but I would imagine "letting your students know" you're packing could get you slapped with a brandishing charge depending on the circumstances.

Some school shooters are mass shooters, but most (per that secret service study I cited) are motivated by bullies and grievances, it's not about body count. Also many kill themselves afterwards... I'm not sure that individual is that deterred by SRO or teachers with guns.
Haha allowing concealed carry is a huge deterrent! Seriously, if there are people allowed to carry and the gun man has no idea who and who is not carrying, they are too afraid… Hell for all they know the concealed carrier will shoot them before they even get a shot off, of the concealed carrier might shot them before they ever hit thier intended target. The entire point of concealed carry is the element of surprise and the deterrent comes from not knowing who is ready to return fire.

Ever wonder why the school shootings never occur when the SRO is standing right there… It is not because the SRO magically prevents shooting. It is because people don’t want to get shot in the face. The shooter will simply wait until they feel safe to shoot…. If every adult in the area could potentially be carrying a firearm then it is hard to feel safe to shoot.

Sorry but the detergent is clear when you walk into the front doors of my child’s school. A big sign reads…. Staff in this building are allowed to carry firearms and are authorized to use them in order to protect the students…

If you stretch any further, you’ll fall and land with your head up your ass.
Haha. Nice try. But answer the question do you support the 2nd amendment? Do you believe that you have a right to self defense?

I really want to know. Because by your own claim, you don’t trust anyone to have a protractor.

So go ahead and deflect and add in a poor attempt at an insult.

Do we have a right to self defense and fire arms?

Haha allowing concealed carry is a huge deterrent! Seriously, if there are people allowed to carry and the gun man has no idea who and who is not carrying, they are too afraid… Hell for all they know the concealed carrier will shoot them before they even get a shot off, of the concealed carrier might shot them before they ever hit thier intended target. The entire point of concealed carry is the element of surprise and the deterrent comes from not knowing who is ready to return fire.

Ever wonder why the school shootings never occur when the SRO is standing right there… It is not because the SRO magically prevents shooting. It is because people don’t want to get shot in the face. The shooter will simply wait until they feel safe to shoot…. If every adult in the area could potentially be carrying a firearm then it is hard to feel safe to shoot.

Sorry but the detergent is clear when you walk into the front doors of my child’s school. A big sign reads…. Staff in this building are allowed to carry firearms and are authorized to use them in order to protect the students…
You're dead wrong.

The type of people that commit school shootings, mass shootings, you aren't scaring them with concealed carry.

I have no problem with people carrying all they want, but you're shitting yourself that it's scaring someone from not commiting mass shootings.

Once people are that far down the rabbit hole, they know they aren't getting out alive. They could care less if you're packing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back