Yeti GOBOX Collection

Teacher Concealed Carry Law in Idaho

As a parent and grandparent and many years longtime school classroom assistant volunteer, I can tell you absolutely that very few professional educators wish to carry a firearm in the school or even have it in the classroom.
Does anyone read the link the op posted before posting. Nobody is enforcing anyone to have a gun. Jesus.

Does anyone read the link the op posted before posting. Nobody is enforcing anyone to have a gun. Jesus.
I need to resign from trying to convince people who arrived at their conclusion based on an emotional argument.
Guns, or the lack thereof, don’t solve problems
Sèems like most mass shooters die from one in the right hands. But.. ok.

I need to resign from trying to convince people who arrived at their conclusion based on an emotional argument.

Sèems like most mass shooters die from one in the right hands. But.. ok.
This is about schools. Not most mass shooters. Your rules. I’ll have to look but I’m thinking most school shooters died from the gun in their own hands. So you’re saying they were the right hands??

What are you talking about?
I don’t have the faith that most do that our educators in this country have the capacity to protect, armed or not. I never said they would be forced to but allowing it without training and restrictions in our schools I think opens up a smelly can of worms.

I don’t have the faith that most do that our educators in this country have the capacity to protect, armed or not. I never said they would be forced to but allowing it without training and restrictions in our schools I think opens up a smelly can of worms.
Yes very good and if you look at post #22 I said I'm not sure how I feel about it. In another post or two I said that I feel that anyone considering this would need an awful lot of training. So...again what are you talking about in regard to me having blind faith in educators?

Last edited:
Nothing emotional about it, I am in situations every month at work that could/would potentially escalate if the untrained individuals were the ones holding the firearms.
Unless a teacher has significant training and experience there is no reason to have them carrying in school. Place trained professionals in the proper locations. Let the teachers if they are permitted to carry leave it in a secured area and individual locker.

Holy smokes ... you missread my post. My point is that even if the school board allowed teachers to be armed, very few would elect to do so. I expressed nothing about "enforcing" them to do so!
Then they don't have to so if they don't want to and they don't have to then...

I'm not in favor or opposed to this one way or another right now. I like hearing how guys like @rtraverdavis @Desk Pop amd @WYelker feel about it though.

Last edited:
Your telling me it’s so far fetched that Mrs Joleen who’s bladder is busting at seems and runs to rest room leaving her purse unattended in second of distraction is too far fetched? Or how about the gym teach who does a jumping jack to many and his handgun bounces on the floor? Or the principal breaking up a school yard scuffle ? Oh but wait…show me the data.
Again there are thousands of teachers who carry. Have been carrying for decades. Where is the proof that this has occurred? I admit, I know of one issue in Utah where no one was harmed and a side arm was left unattended. But that is just one time. On the flip side I am not sure there has been a mass shooting in a Utah school in the last 30 years? Again are you against Mrs. Joleen carrying outside of school? Are you against the gym teacher having carry outside of school?

Is under 3 victims even classified as a mass shooting? Seems like fun with numbers and a lot of counter-factual massaging of incident data with assumptions.
It does when you review the shooting and the shooters intent. Sorry but the FBI data the case very clear. When citizens are the first armed response the number of victims drop significantly. Also since when have you seen the federal government and the fbi massage the numbers in favor of armed citizens and concealed carry?

Again there are thousands of teachers who carry. Have been carrying for decades. Where is the proof that this has occurred? I admit, I know of one issue in Utah where no one was harmed and a side arm was left unattended. But that is just one time. On the flip side I am not sure there has been a mass shooting in an Utah school in the last 30 years? Again are you against Mrs. Joleen carrying outside of school? Are you against the gym teacher having carry outside of school?
They can carry anywhere they want in a lawful manner. Same way I can carry lawfully in Utah. In school while working, unless they have ample and appropriate training they shouldn’t be armed. Leave it to professionals

Has it happened when the general populace has trended towards more and more armed in the last 5 decades? Yeah. Show me the data. Apologies this is unique in todays world - but generally in any useful form of debate or discussion - feelings matter little compared to evidence.

I dont have to imagine what the current scenarios play out like for people trying to commit mass homicide undeterred. It happens way too often for reasons that cant be legislated away.

Short of firearm mortality I don't think I've ever seen any data published. We'd need to know if negligent discharge or non-fatal shootings are trending one way or the other to really know anything.

I don't think that data exists.

Some data. No sure it changes the conversation, so carry on.

View attachment 314604
It adds more than someone guessing.

Of those 433 shootings - a bystander had the courage (notably 42 times potentially unarmed) 64 times... or about 15 percent. Does that go up with capabilities?
They can carry anywhere they want in a lawful manner. Same way I can carry lawfully in Utah. In school while working, unless they have ample and appropriate training they shouldn’t be armed. Leave it to professionals
Fortunately for me and other people who disagree with you - its a state issue. And the experiment of how it goes with different laws is playing out. And despite what you feel/think these things (failed responses from armed citizens) arent happening.

Yes they are. It's a typo, on a keypad 2" wide with auto correct. 🙄
Thanks for clarification.

I wish to also add that both my wife and I served two terms, six years each at different times on the local school board as unpaid volunteers. This teacher-carry issue was quickly "put to bed" each time it arose, usually by professional teachers opposed to what they considered a distraction and more of a safety issue.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back