Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Task force $1,950 NR elk tag

As always Buzz, thank you for getting the word out to residents and non-residents not in the know! Much appreciated!

A year later nobody will care, same as when it went to $1,283.
I can't agree with this ID. hasn't seen a dime of my money on the big 3 since the large price change. I put in for many years previously. At some point people step back and think hard before spending that much coin on a tag. The regular odds are gonna tank tremendously as well and cause people to throw in the towel. But the outfitters will be happy once again.
I'm over here as we speak trying to decide if I'm purchasing points again in WY. before the deadline because of this. Sitting on the cusp of drawing general elk and a few points for deer and antelope.

I can't agree with this ID. hasn't seen a dime of my money on the big 3 since the large price change. I put in for many years previously. At some point people step back and think hard before spending that much coin on a tag. The regular odds are gonna tank tremendously as well and cause people to throw in the towel. But the outfitters will be happy once again.
I'm over here as we speak trying to decide if I'm purchasing points again in WY. before the deadline because of this. Sitting on the cusp of drawing general elk and a few points for deer and antelope.
You're the minority. It'll be interesting to see how much WYGFs revenue increases after they raise the price. It's not about how many apply, it's how much revenue they can generate.

It will be interesting to see if special draw point creep in marginal and mediocre pronghorn units doesn't actually reverse and recede a bit. Are people going to still apply for so-so units at $1200, or is this going to force people to hold out for a more desirable unit?

At some point people step back and think hard before spending that much coin on a tag. The regular odds are gonna tank tremendously as well and cause people to throw in the towel. But the outfitters will be happy once again.

History has shown us that nobody is going anywhere; price increase, bad economy, stock market crash, etc, none of it.

This is the cheapest and best hunting anyone will ever see in any state.

NR Elk hunters going into the draw with 1 point.....

2010; 12,445
2011; 12,229
2012; 13,155
2013; ---
2014; 14,409
2015; ---
2016; 18,482
2017; 19,917
2018; 23,307
2019; 25,827
2020; 28,184
2021; 37,711
2022; 43,974
Look at the improvements and advocates we’ve created though.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back