Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

SW Montana Bears

Hell yeah Drake, post em up.

That's not a bad looking bear at all Carl, you've got a lot more self restraint than I.

It's never a mistake if you pass on one that doesn't get your blood pumping.

That said, my blood would've been pumping ;)

Bears are definitely out and stirring. My neighbor Rick shot a 355lb. chocolate boar yesterday. I don't have pictures but I went over to see it this morning. That weight was live weight. With four guys they were able to get it out whole.

I've only seen one bear that would compare in size to that bear and that wasn't in season. Rick thinks it will most likely square around 6' 8". Definitely a HOG!

Wow, that's a big bear.
Can't imagine being able to get one like that out whole, must've been a ton of work.

sounds like a monster!!

I've yet to see a bear...

IMG_0886.jpg

Most of my pics. must be too large..I'll have to try and shrink them down. Got a new camera and I'm still trying to figure it out.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 546
Here's a picture of Rick's bear. Not the best pic but you can get an idea of just how big he is.

Attachments

• 0425102045-1.jpg
    0425102045-1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 550
That's a big bear!

Greenhorn those pictures will mean more later in life than any big bear you'll ever shoot. I had my 3 year old out spotting with me on Friday. All I can say is he can sure ask the questions:)

That is a big freaking bear.

Is that the bear you killed Drake?

I just got back from another night of looking over some great country, lots of elk and lots of deer but still no bear sightings for me.

Last edited:
That IS a big bear...sweet!

I know some guys that are seeing a boat load of bears and being pretty picky... but shoot... there were already 9 sows killed in 520 as of yesterday morning...and the Pryors...where I'd hoped to hunt... CLOSED... 520 will be closed by Monday is my prediction...brutal... (not to mention 20-40 inches of snow that will fall from yesterday through tommorrow night!)

Yes, winter has returned. I took off late this evenign for a quick run up to a spot I like. 1 inch at my house with all the rain, 3 miles down the road, 5 inches on the road where I parked to walk. By the time I got to the top of the clearcut I was post-holeing in up to my knee in that heavy wet crap, in a steady downpour. Trees popping, tops coming down, huge clumps of snow slamming the ground. Probably going to get killed. RIDICULOUS!! Other than getting me soaked, what is this going to accomplish? I'll tell ya, getting me dumbass of the season award, so far.

Anyway, I get over the top, and down the other side where the snow isn't so deep and I can glass the clearcut across the way.
This is me dicking around taking pics of myself to send to my buddy and wife that didn't want to come along. Doesn't quite do the misery of the situation justice. What must have just missed being in the pic is the sow and two cubs coming down the hill right behind me, that I had no clue where there. Yeah, if I had got them in the pic, it would have been really good. They came down right behind that birch in the pic.
me.jpg

I am bent over shielding my phone from the pouring rain, sending texts, and I hear something slightly different than all the sounds of those clumps of snow hitting the ground, I look over and 50 yards away is a sow bumbling down the hill with two dinky cubs(last years) trying to keep up in that deep ass snow. Since I had my phone out, here is the pic of them.

snowbears.jpg

Anyway, back home drying out, thought I would pass that little story along.

Not Montana bears but while turkey hunting I saw 4 bears in a few hours. A sow and a cub and two boars. It was hard to tell size because of how far away they were.

Only pic i got was of the sow and cub. Pic was from about 800 yards away.
P1130579.jpg

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back