Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

SW Montana Bears

Congrats to the bear shooters!!! I'm gonna give that a whirl next spring no matter the consequences...

If you were Native American you'd probably have a sweet name. If I were Native American my name would probably be a little on the gay side and I'd have to make you blankets so that you would feed my family.
That is comedy! And so true...for me as well.

Tagged one.

CIMG2792.JPG

Thats AWESOME !!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Congrats!!

Moe;)

I went balls to the wall tonight on what I thought was a stout upper 5's bear.
Dropped 1200 feet elevation and covered two miles in a half hour (directly away from the truck), came over the ridge, and watched her cub scramble up a big yellow pine, while she sat at the bottom and barked at me.

That was a long, lonely walk back uphill in the dark. I really need to start hauling my spotter in with me.

Thats rough Randy. At least you saw the cub when you did, that could have made for an even longer walk. Going today?

Headed out in a couple hours, last night my area's open.
It was a yearling cub (50-60) pounder. As the regulations say, either bear was technically legal right?
Not that I ever would, but was just thinking about it on my way back last night, wondering.

Here's a picture of one of the bears on the hillside when I'm getting ready to put my stalk on. I thought I was taking pictures of the bigger bear but after uploading the picture it looks like this could be the cub. Hmm... I'm pretty sure I was glassing both bears, just never at the same time. Probably why I couldn't decide if it was a tiny bear of medium bear.

picture.php

And here's some video I took of the cub. He came down, beat me up, took my lunch money, and spit on my new boots. Which about summarizes my bear season so far.

Last edited:
It is illegal to harvest/take black bear cubs. Cubs are defined as bears less
than one year old. It is illegal to harvest/take female black bears with young.

The way I read that, the cub would be legal, mother wouldn't.

I've seen sub 50 pounders at check stations when I lived in PA. You don't want one. Promise.

*** This is Carl, forgot I was on my brother in laws computer

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back