Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

SW Montana Bears

Awesome bear man! As usual............good thing your math skills aren't an asset in killing them:):)..........a half and a half and a half............

Although i would trade you my math skills for half of half of your bear killing skills..lol

Greeny, do you ever get tiered of people telling you Yer Fetching AWESOME >!>!! Just wondering.... :D Congrats !!

Tagged one.

CIMG2792.JPG

Way to go Carl!
Looks like a great bear too. Don't leave us hanging without more pictures of that thing.
Congrats buddy!

Thanks guys, it was a pretty fun one. I was accompanied by my best hunting partner, as well as a mutual friend from Texas who just wanted to tag along on a bear hunt/backpacking trip. He borrowed some boots and his heels got shredded on the way in.

CIMG2806.JPG

Not one word of complaint, and he kept up just fine, both impressive.

The hunt went about as well as it ever has for me, I spotted 4 bears before I made it to my glassing spot. One of the bears looked decent, and was within range. It quickly disappeared, but (the same one?) came back out at a different spot on the hillside after a 1/2 hour, though it was never completely in the open. After a while of watching it through branches and brush we decided my partner would drop down to the bottom of the drainage to try and get a better angle on it, with the contingency that if I had a clear shot before he got there, that I was to take it. Turns out, fate smiled on me, could've just as easily been him.

CIMG2790.JPG

A little ground shrinkage occurred, but nothing that would spoil the experience. We handled the bear chores that night, and checked out a nearby spot the next day before heading out.

Bear camp:

CIMG2819.JPG

80 odd pounds of bear and gear:

CIMG2827.JPG

Congrats on a great bear and hunt! I took my 12 yr old out tonight but only saw elk. Had fun sneaking close on the elk with him. Two were bulls and the rest cows. No bears:( Thought I'd see some tracks in the mud or snow but no dice.

That's awesome.
Looks like he's got a great hide and pretty good sized melon for his size.
Really pretty bear.

Is there any specific reason why you're using the bighorn instead of a NICE pack?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back