SW Montana Bears

You guys really do a great job finding good bears. I could attach some photos of me painting the house if anyone's interested. No getting away for me.

Ah heck, everyone should have a good chit your pants griz experience:):) its good for you. Although, not gonna lie to you, hope i don't have to do it again......

Kurt, thats pretty cool....this bear was also 14 years old....

Those are really cool colored bears.

What is the oldest bear you guys have killed? My college roommate from South Dakota came out a couple springs ago..he always wanted to kill a bear and was determined to shoot the first thing with fir. He ended up shooting a small 5' sow on the first evening, that ended up being 23 years old.

I killed an old sow south of Bozeman with my bow, when she charged me..... 3 quick arrows and it was all over. She ended up being 23 years old as well, which was about the same age I was at the time. She was maybe 5 1/2 feet and less than 200 pounds.

Elkwhisper

23 is the the oldest bear we ever had aged in Washington.... but that was a big time exception as we kept the bear population pretty dam young in that area. Most were 2-3 years old!!!! :0(

Killed an old boar that we didn't get aged...he didn't have any canines at all and his other teeth were worn to the gum.... we treed him and he just fell alseep up there... he never woke up....

Saw 5 bears last night, just sows and cubs and 1 single, a cinnamon dink. Watched him roll around on the ground, sleeping between two logs, what a life. Had a gimpy front leg though.

Nothing this am, hopefully tonight a biggie walks out.

Saw 2 bear tonight, one good black that I walked into at 40 yards, couldn't get a shot and he didn't stop until he was well into the timber, I would have taken him.

Then I saw this one shortly after, watched him the whole evening, while going between 3 clearcuts. No others appeared, so I went back to him, snuck up on him and "counted coup" with the cell phone at 40 yards. Turned out blurry. I figured him to be 4 1/2 to 5 footer.
blackie2.jpg

He sure didn't like it when he discovered me, started making some good sounds.

Anniversary bear

Here's some nice bear hunting weather, just over the border. Glassing was useless, so I spent my time following tracks. The place is infested with bears.
WYSnow.jpg

WY2010blackbearcropped.jpg

WY2010Hide.jpg

Another great looking bear, congrats. That weather looks beyond miserable.

Bear infestations, eh? Sounds serious. You should probably go back in a couple weeks and try and thin the population further. Congrats on another nice one!

Damn Greenie, I am thinking these bears have done something to your family and you are engaged in some serious reckoning. Congrats.

You know Leupold sponsors that show, "Pigman." I am thinking to submit a proposal to them for a new show called "Bearman," featuring you. It would be way more fun watching you track down and shoot bears than watching that pig shooting show.

Very cool bear. Congrats again.

How much for your guiding services sir?

I would also like to subscribe to your bear hunting newsletter :)

Damn Greeny, you do put up some impressive numbers. Nice work on the hunt & field pics.

Let your hate go Greenhorn. It's not your fault.

Attachments

• Pedo%20bear.jpg
    Pedo%20bear.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Kurt, Congrats......another big brown one!!

Looks like when we go back in June we are going to be hitting it perfect.....should be getting really green about then....that is if you still want to go....laffin!!

Nice bear Kurt!

If you were Native American you'd probably have a sweet name. If I were Native American my name would probably be a little on the gay side and I'd have to make you blankets so that you would feed my family.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back