SW Montana Bears

I wouldn't call it a monster, but it's a decent bear. I'm glad I got him. BreaksRunner apparently got a really good one tonight. In MT we have to take all the meat.

Nice write up Kurt. That's a great bear. When you're looking at a bear that size it's hard to tell the difference between that size and a say a 19-20" bear. You've got to be pulling the trigger. Congrats

Nice write up Kurt, the stop in Big Sky sounds worth while if nothing else. Really good looking hide on him. If you end up coming down to ID let me know, I may be game for hunting and/or packing or can get you some decent info if its needed.

Yeah, I just went out tonight hoping against hope to have the greenhorn luck tonight. Didn't happen. Found a nice elk shed though.

I hate you greenhorn, I mean, I am insanely jealous. These giant boars you come with.

You seem to catch these things coming out of snow fields. I am hunting lower in the foothills, looking for green grass. I am thinking I need to march my ass up higher, to heck with green grass. All I see are sows with cubs.

You should see the colors of a couple of these cubs, I wish I could see these cubs in about 3 or 4 years. They were very light cinnamon, verging on blonde. Going to take the video cam up there next time to get them on video.

You are definitely the man greenie.

You've definitely got this whole bear hunting thing figured out. I'm sitting at a whopping zero bears with nine nights spent glassing. Hopefully I'm saving up all my luck like you did.

Can't wait to see Pat's bear, I'm sure it's a dandy as well.

Nice Bear GH, it is crazy that you cannot find a black one out there and it would be the total opposite here in WI. Color phase bears here are hard to come by from what I gather but it is no problem where you hunt.

Nice bear Kurt..congrats.
I saw one of your Eastman buddies at the gas station last night. They were all geared up and had the game cart in the back of the truck. Looked like they were headed out to kill a 7-footer.

You would want a signed copy of "Public land trophy Pronghorn" Also co-signed by Blue Yummies

You've definitely got this whole bear hunting thing figured out.

In case you haven't noticed...he's got a little more than THAT figured out... I thoroughly ENJOY waiting for Kurt's results each season... He makes this chit happen! No Luck involved...

Good job Kurt... thanks for the cool pics and story.. .

Best part of the story.. My buddy John asked for both hind quarters & loins for him and his pal to eat. My neighbor wants both front shoulders to mix in with dogfood. Not that I don't like bear meat or anything like that..

In case you haven't noticed...he's got a little more than THAT figured out... I thoroughly ENJOY waiting for Kurt's results each season... He makes my chit happen! I can't wait for the pictures of him lugging giants pack with those massive thighs of his... No Luck involved...

Good job Kurt... thanks for the cool pics and story.. .

:eek:

I look up to the guy too, but come on....

And just so you know Kurt...I prefer the pics of the blond helping you pack bear over some guy named John...

Yeah why wasn't the girlfriend laying across this one? I don't think it would have been the same with John doing it. My wife says no way in heck would she lay on one of those nasty things:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back