Sunday Pic of the Day

That’s Mt Garfield. You’re lucky you escaped. They say you’ll never leave the Grand Valley once you’ve climbed it. Here’s the view from the top. This pic was taken in February. The lack of snow might be why people never leave.

View attachment 306572
My wife wanted to climb Mt Garfield for a while when we lived there. I didn't have much desire. She finally talked me into going. I had to almost drag her up the first incline. Ended up making it to the top, and although she was very satisfied she never felt the need to do it again.
The yorkie didn't think it was too bad.
lou.jpg

Attachments

• lou.jpg
    lou.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 1
I climbed it from the airport side...straight up to the notch in the cliff. At the time the only people that I knew that had climbed it were guys that would go in from the west and chase and capture lions. I wa surprised at the wildlife on the north side: Lions, bear, foxes, coyotes, deer, elk, turkeys, chokers and quail.

Woke up this morning to go duck hunting and found a flooded kitchen that was like a sauna. Hot water line broke under the sink not sure how long it ran. Cleaned up then had to wait for the hardware store to open of course being Sunday didn’t open till 11am. Finished the plumbing went ahead and did tge cold water line while i was at it now debating if I care enough to replace the soaked drywall I ripped out to get to the plumbing. My Sunday is pretty well shot oh the joys of home ownership.View attachment 306586View attachment 306587
Plumbing problems on a weekend...sinking feeling

Posting here so as to not muck up another thread. In hotel room, first night of a 5 day trip in 2021.

View attachment 306982
About 19 years old. Hungover as hell from drinking at the bosses house the night before. Puked most of the day. Went into a safety meeting at days end at the shop only to realize I had one red wing boot on and one doc marten shoe all 12 hours never noticed before that. To be young again. Edit- young and dumb.

About 19 years old. Hungover as hell from drinking at the bosses house the night before. Puked most of the day. Went into a safety meeting at days end at the shop only to realize I had one red wing boot on and one doc marten shoe all 12 hours never noticed before that. To be young again. Edit- young and dumb.
I was just coming with a similar story… only from back in my suit wearing days and I managed to wear two different dress shoes. Was pretty hard to pass off being not hungover at work the next morning with that blunder.

53417514924_d20450b4d3_3k.jpg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back