Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Summer Pictures

Bumped into this guy a couple days ago while looking for a camping spot. Very dark and very high ISO.

18985129493_236c2d821f_b.jpg

Summer 15 027.jpg

Summer 15 026.jpg

Summer 15 050.jpg

Summer 15 019.jpg

Summer 15 085.jpg

Summer 15 063.jpg

Summer is just starting here in NM really,the good part.It means the monsoon rains and grass will be 2' high by Sept.,Wildflower show should be good in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
RMNP at over 11,000 feet elevation. I'll be looking for his Wyoming twin in 70 days...

11695476_10207086383226665_5042937374860600351_n.jpg

Maiden voyage of the USS Homebuilt during a rare July rain. She's a good ship, just a bit fickle with balance.

Attachments

• IMG_5407.jpg
    IMG_5407.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_5408.JPG
    IMG_5408.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_5400.jpg
    IMG_5400.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 833
Thanks Kansas!

Sandplum harvest.

Now the real work starts.......and sandplum jelly is worth the work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 799
Looks like I may have crossed paths with some HTers about a week ago. Colorado Twin lakes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 771
Looking down on Halfmoon lake Colorado from 12,500ft.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 834
I took my girlfriend on a backpack trip along the PCT in Washington and Oregon. We saw a group of about 25 mountain goats, two bears, a good size mountain lion and some elk. I was able to zoom way in on the goats. they didn't seem to mind that we were there at first, but all of a sudden they got spooked and they all took off. After two weeks I guess we smelled pretty bad lol. Kudos to my girlfriend for being able to handle an intense hike. She's a tough chick.

We had a blast!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last evening my son and I were hiking the ridge above the "M." He spotted this rock and immediately wanted to climb up there and have his picture taken. It isn't as treacherous as it looks, but still enough to give you the willies.

Attachments

• s IMG_3015.jpg
    s IMG_3015.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 638
Last evening my son and I were hiking the ridge above the "M." He spotted this rock and immediately wanted to climb up there and have his picture taken. It isn't as treacherous as it looks, but still enough to give you the willies.

Wow! Did you just keep taking the switchbacks above the M Rob?? What a great shot!

Wow! Did you just keep taking the switchbacks above the M Rob?? What a great shot!

Yes, just keep going up on the trial on the west side of the M. Switchbacks? Ha Ha, this is a scramble. It will take about 15-30 minutes to climb the additional 1200' to the ridge where you can peer into Bridger Canyon. You can get to Baldy in another hour and the trail continues north all the way to Fairy Lake. The infamous Bridger Ridge Run starts at Fairy Lake and ends at the M parking lot - covering 20 miles at altitude.

It wasn't a bad place to watch the fireworks on the 4th either...

The infamous Bridger Ridge Run starts at Fairy Lake and ends at the M parking lot - covering 20 miles at altitude.

The descent off of Baldy is a LONG one. It's funny, you get there and think "heck, it's all downhill". Four miles later, as your quads are ready to explode, you wish you were climbing again.

Was taking some pictures for a Habitat for Humanity build that the UNC MBA students were doing this past weekend and found this guy:

Too bad I didn't use a tripod and so was a bit shaky when trying to get this.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back